Help out my team.

Started by Sugars12, March 06, 2010, 07:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sugars12

$22,000 left. comments and tips.

Wild Thing

Please confirm that this is a joke??

Bs Flyers

I don't think it's as bad as that.  A lot of different players (and if you want to win you have to be different).  But there are some things I would worry about.  The mids could be a worry with only two strong premiums and no GA (but that's a personal thing).  I don't know much about Hill and Crotchin could come off but is a big risk.  The forward line also has only one strong premium player.  Roughead can be even more of a roller coaster than Franklin - Rioli if fit and getting more mid time may be a more consistent option.  Higgins is a risky option as a number 2 imo as his ability to get injuries could rule him out a bit.  In the rucks Mumford looks like he will be behind Seaby so maybe change to Seaby for a similar price.  Also Lobbe appears to be falling out of favour, maybe Roughead, Skipper?     

hawk_88

To be honest I was surprised you only had 22K left.

The concerns I have are for your mid-premium selections, that being said there is nothing particularly wrong with your selections, just not what I would pick, but that is why this is your team and not mine.

Overall, the team is a little too middle range heavy. You need to a good 8 - 12 players that you consider "stayers" in that you have no intention of trading them (unless of course long term injury or the tribunal have anything to say about it). Put some more money into higher quality premiums, maybe 1 500K+ player in each the back, mid and forward.

To help with this, I would downgrade Hill for a rookie (you can really afford 2 on field rookies in the midfield this year with the amount of talent about). Use the spare money for the upgrades. I would also consider downgrading Riewoldt.

Also, swap Momford for Seaby, easily the better choice of the two.

I normally wouldn't tell people to change their rookie selection, but I think people are way too keen on Bastinac. It is opinion but I think he needs a year at VFL and I think he will get it unless injuries hit North.

hawk_88

Much better mate!

The only real concern in Bernie Vince. He is currently complaining of hamstring tightness and has been pulled out of the remaining NAB cup games. He might be fine come round 1, but this certainly increases his chances of injury during the season and at the very least will mean he isn't at he peak Round 1. Personally I would choose someone else, you are really spoilt for choice at that price range.

Bs Flyers

Agree with Hawk, much better, more balanced side.  The Vince injury is def a concern but as said there are a lot of good similar priced options.  Not convinced on Rockliff yet not sure of TOG maybe Hitchcock instead of Podsiadly / Watts to at least give yourself cover.

Sugars12

Updated

$23,400 salary.  Anything else? :)