Main Menu

Good win first up

Started by Cruiseon, March 31, 2013, 11:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Pretty solid performance by the Pies today I thought against a side who can be pretty dangerous.

Good signs
Cloke back doing what he does best & the structure looked good with Lynch up the ground and Travis closer to goal.
Toovey I thought had a great first 3 quarters.
Dwyer, Thomas, Frost all looked like they were capable players & add depth.
Swan & Pendles are still the best midfield combo in the comp.
Shaw & Beams walk back into the side nect week, maybe Daisy as well.

Troubling signs
Don't like seeing anyone bleeding from the mouth after a concussion.
Small forwards still causing us trouble, need to rectify against Carlton.
Pity about Johnson's injury. Didn't think he looked too good before he went off generally.

Cambo

Yes the Cloke/Lynch duo looked good. Both marking strong.

The kids looked good. Really adding some depth to the side.

I disagree and thought Johno looked good till he went down.

But I thought Macaffer looked slow and unsure, hopefully it was just nerves.

When the screen showed who was still missing from the side, I thought dam thats a few walk up start names.

Here's hoping for a great season  8)

ossie85

Good stuff boys, still don't know what to think of this year. Reckon somewhere between 1st and 12th lol.

Cloke was very happy with

But without Daisy, Ball, Beams, Heater and injuries to Johnson and Reid.... A good win against a side that flogged us last time and are a finals contender.

How good was it to have Josh Thomas finally debut! Been waiting years

Colliwobblers

Swan - what a gun, my highlight of the game, his leadership without being a leader, his awesomeness without trying to be awesome.

final term under the pump, team out on it's feet and north coming home strong.

Swan goes up to the captain, and suggests he goes behind the ball, back he goes and what happens.  i assume you all saw the game...

may not have won or saved the game alone but what a champion, a lot of people think he is just a good see ball get ball thoughtless midfielder. I think he is a gun and a lot smarter, a lot more team orientated and a lot more professional than most people think.

scrappy affair but a lot of the best 22 out good to get away with that one.

Fwd pressure was better.

need to get back to #1 in the fwd pressure stats, being #11 last season made the premiership unachievable.

Cruiseon

Good signs but early days. I also thought Jolly was quite servicable which is important this year.

I've also been wanting to say this for the last 48 hrs. I see Carlton are already 10th, the same position they finished last year. Perhaps they could have saved $500k & just kept Ratten.  ;)

Colliwobblers

haha Carlton yeah, i rate Mick but they may have to keep him for 2-3 years to get a flag out of him.

it's a LOT OF WORK he has to do to turn that lot around ( not to say the list is not great)  couple of holes but bigger holes in the gameplan

they should play finals footy this season but that may be the best they can hope for and i just hope it isn't against us - just in case  :-X

Capper

Grrr

Beams was my Captain and Cox as my VC which hurt