Keep Kreuzer or grab the Leuzer?

Started by its me lads, March 25, 2013, 04:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get rid of Kreuzer if Leunberger is named?

Yes
No

its me lads

Afternoon FF users, I pose a question to you.

At the moment i have 4 premo midfielders and Fyfe and 4 premo defenders. I also have Jacobs and Kreuzer in ruck. If I downgrade Kreuzer to Leunberger, take Vlastuin out of the midfield and put him in defense replacing Hanley then I will have the money to get another premo mid.

That Leaves me with 3 premo defenders, 5 premo mids + Fyfe with Jacobs and Leunberger in ruck
opposed to
4 premo defenders, 4 premo mids +Fyfe with Jacobs and Kreuzer ruck

SO, If Leunberger is named should I bring him in for Kreuzer and bring a premo midfielder in?

PS. I have Cox up FWD.

Thanks for the help.

#kneejerk

Toga

Really tough one mate...

Ideally, you'd be able to wait until Friday night where you'll be able to find out whether Leuey will be playing/be sub, as final teams will be in before the full lockout...

Tbh I probably like the look of the option just leaving Kreuzer in... I think 4 premiums + Fyfe is plenty; so don't think it's worth taking risks down back and in the ruck to cover for that...

My question is, what are your fwds looking like? ??? If they are a bit weak then maybe I'd consider doing Kreuz -> Fyfe if you get to strengthen your fwds...?

Jukes

I'm in the same scenario.

If Leuey is named I'll drop Kruuz to him then upgrade Martin to Bartel and Fyfe to a premo.

its me lads

Quote from: Toga on March 25, 2013, 04:48:53 PM
Really tough one mate...

Ideally, you'd be able to wait until Friday night where you'll be able to find out whether Leuey will be playing/be sub, as final teams will be in before the full lockout...

Tbh I probably like the look of the option just leaving Kreuzer in... I think 4 premiums + Fyfe is plenty; so don't think it's worth taking risks down back and in the ruck to cover for that...

My question is, what are your fwds looking like? ??? If they are a bit weak then maybe I'd consider doing Kreuz -> Fyfe if you get to strengthen your fwds...?

Yeah it's not easy. I find it unlikely for Leuy to start as the sub, high possibility that he will be subbed off if he plays though.

My Forward line is- Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Kennedy, Karnezis, Macaffer, (Lee, Neade)

its me lads

Quote from: Jukes on March 25, 2013, 04:56:51 PM

If Leuey is named I'll drop Kruuz to him then upgrade Martin to Bartel and Fyfe to a premo.

So you'll do that after this round since you cant do anything with Fyfe since he's already played.

Windigo

I'd prefer Berger at R2+cash for an upgrade elsewhere than have Kreuzer and nothing else.  :-\

Jukes

Quote from: its me lads on March 25, 2013, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: Jukes on March 25, 2013, 04:56:51 PM

So you'll do that after this round since you cant do anything with Fyfe since he's already played.

of course- I got no idea what to do with the other trade though; probably generic rookie fixing or something.

its me lads

Quote from: Windigo on March 25, 2013, 05:07:17 PM
I'd prefer Berger at R2+cash for an upgrade elsewhere than have Kreuzer and nothing else.  :-\

Right now i have 57k cash so if i do that i'll have 228k cash left.

me

it's a tough one - personally i'm most likely going cox/kreuz combo and not bothering with the leuenberger hassle - odds are when he does play he shoves out some stinker scores and/or gets subbed off

its me lads

Quote from: me on March 25, 2013, 05:27:33 PM
it's a tough one - personally i'm most likely going cox/kreuz combo and not bothering with the leuenberger hassle - odds are when he does play he shoves out some stinker scores and/or gets subbed off

Yeah i agree it would be good to avoid the Leuy Hassle but you never know what could happen. He could play a full solid year.

Quote from: Windigo on March 25, 2013, 05:07:17 PM

If 228k cash is too much then i could go Vlastuin -> Whitfield or Viney -> Whitfield
                                                          Lee  -> Patton
and then i'd still have cash left.

me

Quote from: its me lads on March 25, 2013, 05:31:14 PM
Quote from: me on March 25, 2013, 05:27:33 PM

Yeah i agree it would be good to avoid the Leuy Hassle but you never know what could happen. He could play a full solid year.

yeah he probably will have a good year, but i expect him to start slow and build as he gets back into it - if he starts smashing it i can just drop kreuz down to him and use the $ elsewhere

good luck with whatever u do :)

Tyes

If Burger is named I'd drop Kreuz and grab another premo mid. Get an early jump on everyone who has already had one premo mid spud it up (i.e Danger, Scooter). I see a greater point gain from adding in another mid premo and downgrading Kreuz to Burger.

its me lads

Quote from: Tyes on March 25, 2013, 06:03:45 PM
If Burger is named I'd drop Kreuz and grab another premo mid. Get an early jump on everyone who has already had one premo mid spud it up (i.e Danger, Scooter). I see a greater point gain from adding in another mid premo and downgrading Kreuz to Burger.

I have Danger so not happy with him, still keeping him though.
Will 3 rookies in defense be too weak?

Tyes

Quote from: its me lads on March 25, 2013, 06:05:44 PM

I don't think so, I think a lot of coaches will be starting 3 back rooks, there are at least 4 back rooks I am confident in playing the first 5 or so games and scoring decently too.

its me lads

Quote from: Tyes on March 25, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
Quote from: its me lads on March 25, 2013, 06:05:44 PM

I don't think so, I think a lot of coaches will be starting 3 back rooks, there are at least 4 back rooks I am confident in playing the first 5 or so games and scoring decently too.

Thats true, i have seen a number of teams like that