My interview with Nick Vlastuin

Started by Jroo, March 13, 2013, 07:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Sorry to post a SuperCoach article on the DreamTeam board, but many of you don't check the SuperCoach board and I think some of it may be helpful to you! Just ignore the SuperCoach references. By the way, Vlastuin plays SuperCoach and not Dream Team  :P

I had a little chat with Vlastuin, who gives us some insight into the Tigers!

SCHQ: Hey Nick, thanks for your time we appreciate it!
NV: Hey, no worries at all.

Do you play SuperCoach? If so, how long have you been playing for?
Yeah, long time fan but I've never been any good. I've been playing for probably about 4 years now, but had a couple shockers so hopefully this is the year.

Do you have yourself in your SuperCoach team?
Nah, didn't make the cut aha. I have too many Richmond players already and not sure where I stand as far as the best 22 goes.

Who else at the club plays SuperCoach?
Not too sure actually, I'm sure some of them do but never really asked around.

Who do you reckon is most likely to put themselves in their own team?
Haha thought this question would come up. I'd probably have to say Jack, don't know why, he's not full of himself by any means but I can just see him putting himself in his squad if he did play.

Haha, yeah I reckon Jacky would! 
Haha yep, I'll suss it out on Thursday. 

How's the pre season being going and what's it like to be apart of an AFL club?
Pre season's been solid, never slept so well in my life haha. The routine was just train, eat and sleep. Being  part of a club has been a dream come true, especially one as good as Richmond. The support through social media and at club functions has been unreal so can't complain one bit.

Who's been training well down at Richmond this pre season?
Pretty much everyone has,  but if I had to pick I'd go with Dustin. He's been killing it in the contested drills and is dangerous when he has the ball. Would also put Nathan Foley in there too, he's always one of the first at the club doing his rehab and always has a smile on his face.

Great to hear! Which Tiger players do you reckon are worth selecting this year in SuperCoach?
That's a hard one because I'm not sure what stats get you the highest scores, but you can't go past Cotchin. I've also got Newman because he's hoping to push into the midfield this year and also got Dusty and Steve Morris.

Where do you see yourself playing this year? Down back, in the middle or a bit of both?
I think mainly through the midfield for either Coburg or Richmond, not sure unfortunately but definitely will spend the majority of my time in the midfield.

And lastly, do you reckon you're a good chance to play in round one?
I'm really not sure, a lot will depend on this weekend and how I play. But I think only 2 or 3 players will be unavailable because of injury, so there isn't going to be any free spots so to speak, but hopefully after this weekend I will have more of an idea.

Thanks for your time and good luck to you and the Tigers for 2013!

Nick Vlastuin @nickvlastuin is $159,500 Defender/Midfielder in SuperCoach.

http://www.supercoachhq.com/16/post/2013/03/interview-with-nick-vlastuin.html

tbagrocks

Nice one JR! Interesting stuff, probably too pricey for me for a guy who may not have regular games

Chopps

Justin Bieber

Wow was this face to face or over the phone?

How did you manage to get him?

Mr.Craig

essendon2

Newman could be definitely worth a punt

Imagine going with a DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Hibberd, Armstrong, Vlastuin  :P 8)

Toga

Stuff Roo! Given you a cheer, that's some real quality information you've given us, can't thank you enough.

Main points I've taken from it:
  • Vlastuin isn't sold on his own JS - is he being modest or is he truly unsure of where he sits in the team?
  • It's one thing a coach saying Newman will have a role change but I feel more inclined to believe it coming from a teammate...
  • Vlas is another on the long list of people making comment on Dusty's good preseason - lock him in! 8)
  • Jacky must have written this article :P: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-28/riewoldt-v-riewoldt

Justin Bieber

Ricochet

elephants

Quote from: Toga on March 13, 2013, 10:52:56 PM
Stuff Roo! Given you a cheer, that's some real quality information you've given us, can't thank you enough.

Main points I've taken from it:
  • Vlastuin isn't sold on his own JS - is he being modest or is he truly unsure of where he sits in the team?
  • It's one thing a coach saying Newman will have a role change but I feel more inclined to believe it coming from a teammate...
  • Vlas is another on the long list of people making comment on Dusty's good preseason - lock him in! 8)
  • Jacky must have written this article :P: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-28/riewoldt-v-riewoldt

Agree with all points there Toga.

- I dont think any player (especially a first year) would come right out and say he's a lock for best 22. Think he was doing as he's told in that regard :P But yeah, looks the good early so if I got mental with my backline strategy he could slide in!

- Agree 100%. Maybe Newman IS worth a look after all...

- Lock 'n Load 8)

- Haha! Yes.