Total points Vs Higher Average Must read!

Started by westy501, March 06, 2013, 04:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westy501

Ok guys ive been doing some thinking. and this question is in need of serious consideration not only for normal form of the game but also the draft form.

Heres my thought re draft...
pick 1 2 3 in most leagues are most likely ablett pendles swan...
Thing of it is though ranked by total points swan came 16th and pendles 19th and thats just midfield... not including the rucks and forwards which will knock their rank down even lower.
This said is it worth them being pick 2 & 3 in the draft??
Other side of it is they average higher so A) if they play all 22 then they will outscore the rest of the players and B) if they are playing then you will be better positioned to win your match against you league opponent... (what if they arent playing during your draft finals though)

Heres my thought re normal version of game...
Using the same info from above do you go with swan or pendles knowing that your opponent probably has them so if they arnt playing then it evens out or do you go the player that scores more for the year which will increase you overall ranking..

im in 2 minds at the moment and im pick 3 in my draft and starting to think cox is the way to go... cox could be pick 2 in fact because he scored more then both the others for the year...

obviously ablett is pick 1 BTW he was best overall and avg so i concede i cant get him in the draft.

Thoughts?

shaker

Well you have totally confused me , sometimes you just need to make things a little less complicated and make your decisions from the gut , sit back have a beer and see who's playing well in the lead up is my advice .

jhawk

the draft doesn't  have a overall rank does it ??

so u would best player in draft.

in other comp u would think u would go with guy gets most points in a season . but  pendel swan always get rested but they make it up when then your captain... 

m1tch robo

Just remember that for the 4 games swan missed last year you still start somebody instead of him. Who might score you an 80 or 90. So I'd add 300-350 points to swans overall score (for the 4 games he missed) then go with the guy who has the highest overall.

Does that make sense?

If in doubt. Pick swan in both forms.

westy501

spot on mitch.. as long as you have good bench cover... draft wise though if he costs you 4 games being out then youll curse his name

Tylo

If you are concerned how many games a player might miss, dont just go on last year. Have a look at a few years to get a better idea.