Main Menu

T . Armstrong

Started by truBLUE, March 10, 2013, 04:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truBLUE

Hi guys just wanted thoughts on Armstrong playing rnd one ,having a good preseason and played well in Nab ,does anyone think he be worth having in backline $249,900  ???

Capper

yeh its looking more likely every day especially with Smith and Mattner still in the rehab group. I cant see him playing in the backs for the Swans though which would mean that LRT and Eski would go back and maybe Brown or Lockyear will come in.

His JS is a worry when the Swans have their full team though, even with AJ out for the year (if he is)

truBLUE

Thanks tabs , js was my main concern exspecially with the amount of players to return he might get a few early rounds hopefully  ???

tbagrocks

Just the way he plays I get a feeling of seeing green or red ???

SydneyRox

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 11, 2013, 03:50:19 PM
Just the way he plays I get a feeling of seeing green or red ???

Nah, reckon he is pretty safe. He has been a constant in the backline all NAB. Too many things could go wrong if they start messing with the guys who know the plan.

Capper

Just watched this
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2013-03-12/smith-in-for-port-clash
and Horse was asked "Can Armstrong find a spot in the 22?" 1.44 minutes in

It looks like Armstrong is up against Eski and Shaw for a game

CrowsFan

Found this by the assistant coach...
QuoteBlakey said there were already a number of players putting their hand up for a chance in the senior side, including Tony Armstrong and rookie Dane Rampe.

“We’ve got Tony Armstrong who was probably the next in line to be in the senior side last year and is very versatile and can play down back and is a tremendous ball user and can add a different dimension to us,” he said.

“We’ve also had young Dane Rampe in his first year at the club playing every NAB Cup game and has shown some real strength.

“He’s a little older, he’s 22, and he’s certainly got the strength and the running ability to be able to play on the smalls and could be one who could fill in for the Alex-type of role.”

Holz

whats more annoying is they play in the second round and picking him or not really influences my richmond and essendon pickings.

elephants

Damn.... Just bought Armstrong into my side for the first time... Why can't the Swans have the first game so we know if we are seeing green with Army (if we are seeing him at all...)