Bye Planner/Draw Analysis/Player Analysis

Started by Fletch74, March 06, 2013, 01:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

This is something I worked on last season but never got around to finishing it, so I thought I'd give it a go this year. This is a combination of Powerman's Draw Sheet re-vamped for 2013, plus Ossie's Team Selector, plus a sheet I had which contained the 2012 pre-season scores (can't remember who provided that - Probably Ossie)

This season, the draw has more of an impact this year with DT, given the trades we now have. Yes, Byes don't have that much of an impact anymore, but it's still handy to know and if you want to know how your team is going pre-season, well here it is....

The idea is to select a "1" next to the players in your team in the Def/Mid/Rucks/Fwds worksheets. This will provide you with an analysis as to how your team is traveling in the pre-season so far, plus an indication as to where you stand come bye time

Also, I've done an analysis as to the toughness of the draw based on the DT scores against each team last season, so based on that Adelaide has a pretty easy run, whilst teams like Carlton and Collingwood have it tough.

I've also included some team sheets to give you an indication as to how other players are going and whether coaches have tweaked game styles etc in the pre-season.

I'll endeavour to update this after each of the pre-season rounds are completed. Hope it can be beneficial :)

Saved the file in xls format for anyone on a pre 2007 version of Excel.

DT Analysis