Main Menu

Midpricer FWD line

Started by Barra17, March 07, 2013, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barra17

Looking at this it actually looks quite good. Has the good job security being midpricers and still have enough guns to get it going.

What do you think?

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Greg Broughton, Jackson Thurlow, Jasper Pittard
Brett Goodes, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Dayne Beams, Trent Cotchin, Jack Redden, Toby Greene, Kane Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara
Matt Jones, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Daniel Currie

Tom Rockliff, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Patrick Karnezis, Travis Varcoe, Shannon Byrnes
Brent Macaffer, Jake Neade

Andrew

Quote from: Barra on March 07, 2013, 07:19:24 PM
Looking at this it actually looks quite good. Has the good job security being midpricers and still have enough guns to get it going.

What do you think?

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Dyson Heppell, Greg Broughton, Jackson Thurlow, Jasper Pittard
Brett Goodes, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Dayne Beams, Trent Cotchin, Jack Redden, Toby Greene, Kane Mitchell, Jaeger O'Meara
Matt Jones, Jack Viney

Dean Cox, Matthew Leuenberger
Majak Daw, Daniel Currie

Tom Rockliff, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Patrick Karnezis, Travis Varcoe, Shannon Byrnes
Brent Macaffer, Jake Neade

I like it..! Only suggestion would be to downgrade Broughton and bring in Sipposs into that forward line to have a mid-pricer with a higher ceiling. Also a R/F in the forward line - even one not playing - could be valuable for this strategy as you could find Daw/Currie scoring better than a mid-pricer on the odd week.

Colliwobblers

i like it too, not sold on pettard but you can watch nab cup to see if a suitable replacement comes up thornton, cornelius krakuer ect ect.

no fwd rooks makes the deep mid priced strategy a good one for the fwd line.

not sold on sipposs many are but not me not yet.

agree with the DPP RUCK comment, put cos in the fwd line , for rocky if you have to and get another premium ruck. burger may not be able to score what you need him to for hte first few rounds you want cover, you can play macaffer and score well while cox goes from the fwd line into your ruck ( with the other premium ruck) and burger is benched.

like the strategy makes sense and should make you money and points

good luck ;)

Barra17

Well, I can't say I have the balls to go with it. It was more an idea of a strategy to take but it looks solid enough to be done.

Andrew

Quote from: Barra on March 08, 2013, 02:17:20 AM
Well, I can't say I have the balls to go with it. It was more an idea of a strategy to take but it looks solid enough to be done.

Enter it under your Mum's name ;) I think it was 2011, when Drew Petrie and Knights (again!) were awesome mid-priced forward options along with a few others, that a strategy like this was a winner. I can see how it could work.

timmyparso

If you want mid pricers then don't forget those in midfield. Moloney and embley should outscore all those in your forward line and have a proven they can in past years.

I don't think the forward mid pricers have an average above 75 whereas moloney and embley should go close to 90.

There are still good forward premium to cover the points difference between the mid pricers in the midfield over the premiums.