Let the big men fly?

Started by tor01doc, March 01, 2013, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Has anyone looked at whether the KPP types do better at the start and end of the season due to drier conditions (Docklands excluded)?

The big grabs and goals seem more frequent when the weather is better.

Just a thought.

I want to start Buddy, Roughead, Cox and Tex.

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on March 01, 2013, 06:58:08 PM
Has anyone looked at whether the KPP types do better at the start and end of the season due to drier conditions (Docklands excluded)?

The big grabs and goals seem more frequent when the weather is better.

Just a thought.

I want to start Buddy, Roughead, Cox and Tex.

Ya cant predict the weather. A game of footy takes up 3 hours out of a 168 hour week. Who knows if it will rain or not in that time.
If you are going to try and take that into account then you may as well only pick forwards from Freo and Westcoast. Good players play well in all condidtions. If its bucketing down rain its just unlucky. There arent really that many games in a season that it is pouring down the whole game

tor01doc

Maybe I am just remembering the good old days when we used to kick the frozen dew of the oval and play with water logged round heavy hard balls that would break your fingers!   ::)

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on March 01, 2013, 08:11:38 PM
Maybe I am just remembering the good old days when we used to kick the frozen dew of the oval and play with water logged round heavy hard balls that would break your fingers!   ::)

hahah makes me cringe remembering playing in those sort of games.
The MCG is unbelievable though. It's bone dry after about 15 minutes