My dilemma... (Similar to Converted's last topic)

Started by hawkers65, February 26, 2013, 06:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you take if you where attempting my plan? (Don't vote unless you have read my comments)

Sylvia
6 (40%)
Cloke
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 0

hawkers65

As i said i have a similar plan to converted and i thought i would go through it in detail and with an extra option. I'm planning on starting one of either Sylvia or Cloke and plan on having an almost straight swap to Franklin come the end of Round 7, ready for his  game opponents of GCS, GWS and Melb (Unsure the order). For this to happen Franklin would need to drop 19k in each of his 5 price changes as well as Sylvia going up 19k a week for his 5 price changes. This may happen due to their draws. Here is a little research i've have done:

Options:

Sylvia-
(Scores from 2011/12)

Rnd 1 Opp Port: 115, 105
Rnd 2 Opp Ess: 79
Rnd 3 Opp WCE: 80, 83
Rnd 4 Opp GWS: 97, 11
Rnd 5 Opp BL: 86, 99
Rnd 6 Opp Carl: 113
Rnd 7 Opp GCS: 117

Total Avg: 99 from 11 games

Cloke-
(Scores from 2011/12)

Rnd 1 Opp NM: 47, 93, 113
Rnd 2 Opp Carl: 62, 80, 107, 106
Rnd 3 Opp Haw: 97, 29, 108, 95, 152
Rnd 4 Opp Ric: 122, 87
Rnd 5 Opp Ess: 68, 159, 134
Rnd 6 Opp Stk: 70, 78, 115
Rnd 7 Opp Fre: 49, 116

Total Avg 95 from 22 games
*Scores in Bold are his 2011 scores. 2011 total Avg: 110 from 10 games

Cloke is more risky because he has a more likely chance of pulling out a 40 which results in a price drop instead of an 19k price rise, but is always far more likely to reach 140+ resulting in a few big price rises

So im finding this decision very hard! Sylvia originally got the nod because of the extra 4 point Avg, but then i released that Cloke averaged a massive 110 against these opponents in 2011. So if he was to recapture his form from 2011 with no contract talks hanging over his head. He will then be the much better pick. I currently have Cloke in my side but am still very unsure.

So what are your thoughts on this??

Thanks Hawkers!

Hagebear

Hmm tough one Hawkers. Have been burnt by both in the past so personally will stay away from both but if I had to pick one I would go with Cloke. Probably comes with a little more risk but I see more potential in Cloke with the supply he will get all year whereas Sylvia will have to find his own footy in a struggling Melbourne side. Sylvia is also just as prone to pull out the odd 40 whereas Trav is more likely to pull out a 160 on Shoenmakers ;)

hawkers65

Quote from: Hagebear on February 26, 2013, 06:36:29 PM
Hmm tough one Hawkers. Have been burnt by both in the past so personally will stay away from both but if I had to pick one I would go with Cloke. Probably comes with a little more risk but I see more potential in Cloke with the supply he will get all year whereas Sylvia will have to find his own footy in a struggling Melbourne side. Sylvia is also just as prone to pull out the odd 40 whereas Trav is more likely to pull out a 160 on Shoenmakers ;)

Thanks for your input! Hahaha yeah but hopefully now with Lake Schoey won't have to ever play on the #1 tall until a few more years of development. I know he has been shower but he has bulked up this preseason and with the addition of Lake i see Schoey being a very good defender.

jimmytigs

like the other guy i wont have either,but id take sylvia,i think the dees are on the improve & a guy with no heart like him(stanton like)will thrive when the goings good.looking at pies first 7 i cant see cloke getting off the leash too much(though youve put more time into research)& he could really suck,you dont know how his mind works,but youd think sylvia would improve & running around the middle he could pick up a heap until he loses heart & he does know where the goals are also,i could see a couple 25 possy 3/4 goal games in that first 7

mind you the 2nd half of this is relying on a buddy drop,it will probably happen but buddy is buddy he can kick 8 & score 200 fantasy points against the pies or eagles then come out against the suns & kick 1 & get reported & give away 12 free kicks & pick up only 10 possies,hes a champion but he is what he is

Swallow12

Sylvia, will have to lift his average in a improving melbourne side

Swallow12

Also that is a terrific opening draw for one of the game's biggest downhill skiers

GM

I would probably go Cloke but both a gamble for me at their price.