Main Menu

Leuy?

Started by thewizz, March 01, 2013, 11:59:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewizz

If Leuy doen't play round 1, shold i go stronger in rucks and play 3 rooks in def, or who would be a suitable replacement for Leuy?

Current backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Newman/Brown, Pittard, Docherty, Goodes, Terlich
Current Rucks: Ryder, Leuy/Mummy/Longer, Rowe, Currie.

Any word on how Longer will go? Same with Mummy?

jfitty

He's playing this weekend isn't he?

I'm starting to warm to the idea of starting Leuenberger with a top-notch premium like Maric. I think the extra 250k you save picking him over another premium is worth it to spend elsewhere on the ground. Plus you can either keep him if he has a good year, or upgrade him as you would with any mid-priced player.

thewizz

Got him ATM, it's just a what if? Not sure if 3 def rooks is too much?

Swan Fan

I have Leuenburger at the moment, but I am expecting him to break down any minute.... he doesn't have any luck at all...    :-[

Perthwildcat

Signs are good if he gets though the rest of the pre season by this report

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-01/big-man-is-a-big-bonus-rockliff

Time will tell..

redfield

If he makes it through the preseason without any issues then he will be in my starting team. As jfitty said, if he can reproduce his pre-achilles injury form then you're set. If not then he should average about 75 and you can simply upgrade him to a premium later on.

sammy123

well he plays this weekend so.hopefully we see where he is at

Ringo

If you read the article referred to Berger will only be playing half a game this weekend.

Quote from the article/

"His first introduction will be a half of football and he'll get two full games after that."

Make judgement then after 2 games,  He will definitely be very rusty though when he did ruck in the intra club trial his timing appeared a little off but that was to be expected after so long out of the game. 

Hopefully stays on the park as he can become a prem ruckman - He is modelling his game on Big Cox and at 23 has similar stats to Cox at the same age so big things may be around the corner. With Martin a near certainty to be named will start developing his forward capabilities resting forward which will also add to scoring.