DPP rookies

Started by Pies1994, February 26, 2013, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pies1994

Hey all, been searching & looking through peoples teams and looking at the DPP selections they have made from rookies.

Overall, i havent really seen so much of it this year compared to past years. i guess this could be for a number of reasons, mainly being that there are now 30 trades & maybe the DPP players arent good enough.

What are your views on seleting DPP players cause i have tried to get links nearly everywhere but i dont see others doing the same thing.

Have your say :)

quinny88

As you said it really doesn't matter as much with 30 trades.
Also there is no new teams this year that are going to play new rookies week after week so you really have to just choose from the best few that are available for their position rather than worrying about dpp. Look at the forwards for instance. I can barely tell you 3 rookies that are garunteed a round one game let alone worrying about them being dpp

Ringo

This year there are 2 rule changes that have de valued the effectiveness of a DPP which is why a not are being seen.

We now have 30 trades up from 24
and the big one only the top 18 scores of your 22 players on the field will count in byes. The only DPP that will be semi important may be the Ruck/Forward DPP as cover if playing Berger.

The other factor as Quinny has rightly stated we need to know what Rookies will be playing in Round 1.  Select the best rookies that are playing in Round 1 - do not pay any attention apart from Ruck to whether they have DPP or not.

Converted

Also rolling lockout means you can avoid being stung by late withdrawals so bench cover isn't as important i believe.