Started by nperera95, February 22, 2013, 04:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who should be my M5. Brent Moloney or Luke Ball

Brent Moloney
Luke Ball

nperera95

Please vote. Need your opinion :)

GM

Moloney is primed to get back to his 2011 form.Great value for SC scoring.

Southstorm

Moloney will definitely go better this season so if you can find an extra $60k, he'd be the one if you're looking for a steady scorer. If you just want a player to earn money, Ball is no worse of an option.

thewizz

I've gone GAJ, Swan, Pendles, JPK then Moloney. Think he will score well, may become a keeper or an easy sideways to a fallen prem.

quinny88

Moloney a good option but he does cost a fair chunk more than ball

Mat0369

Colliwobblers

Ball. He is a mighty Magpie.

or a better reason?

2008 -2011 scores - lets ignore moloneys drop in form/favour and Balls injured 2012.

Moloney - 72 - 94 - 83 - 99

Ball - 99 -86 - 89 - 98

Flip a coin?  Both will be the #1 in and under clearance midfielders at thier club.

Ball 28, Moloney 29 , Moloney coming off a shocker, Ball coming off an injury....

Ball is cheaper.

Not a chance on Earth either will become a keeper IMO never have been never will be.

batt

Quote from: quinny88 on February 22, 2013, 07:04:43 PM
Moloney a good option but he does cost a fair chunk more than ball
This is what confuses me about the poll results.  I see the chances of either featuring in the final midfield being very slim.  Therefore the reasonable choice would be the one that becomes the fatter cow?

Mat0369

Ball has to play at least one NAB cup game to be considered. Lenny Hayes and Adrian Peterson are the only two players I have seen have that large an impact in such a short time after a knee injury.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 24, 2013, 10:44:28 PM
Ball has to play at least one NAB cup game to be considered. Lenny Hayes and Adrian Peterson are the only two players I have seen have that large an impact in such a short time after a knee injury.

good point Mat but is anyone really any harder than Ball? I'm backing him in but will also want to see something from him in Nab Cup.

still $60K is only wines over another mid rook - it's not a lot of coin so i would advise going with your gut. more will go with moloney.

some will go with embley but i don't think i would risk it, however at the price the reward is greater than both of these....

quinny88

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 24, 2013, 10:51:38 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on February 24, 2013, 10:44:28 PM

good point Mat but is anyone really any harder than Ball? I'm backing him in but will also want to see something from him in Nab Cup.

still $60K is only wines over another mid rook - it's not a lot of coin so i would advise going with your gut. more will go with moloney.

some will go with embley but i don't think i would risk it, however at the price the reward is greater than both of these....

Ball is as hard as they come but a returning from a major knee injury is nothing to do with hardness.
He would have to play a nab game it 2 for me to pick him. He should play next week or the week after