New ruck rule 2013

Started by Mondoftw, February 24, 2013, 07:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mondoftw

How will the new ruck rule affect the different styles of ruckman?

Mondoftw

And a list of some ruckmen that will benefit. Cheers  :)

LF

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,72158.0.html

Take a look at the rest of the topics before posting a new one this link was on the first page
There is also a search box at the top of the page that is quite handy went trying to find information

Mondoftw

I understand & have looked through older posts and the one you mention but, none seem to highlight specific ruckmen and how it will affect their style.... 

Nails

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this new ruck rule?

Ringo

Quote from: Nails on February 24, 2013, 08:31:50 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is this new ruck rule?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-18/survival-of-the-fittest-

This is the main guts Nials

Under the changes announced by the AFL last October, umpires will now throw the ball up at all field stoppages, and ruckmen will not be permitted to make contact with each other at stoppages until the ball has left the umpire's hand.

FactHunt

The rucks can no longer make contact before ball-ups and throw-ins (stoppages).
It benefits the athletic ruckman, rather than the ruckman who uses strength to overthrow his opponent.

NicNat when fit makes my mouth water... he was already super impressive last year, imagine what he will pull off with a clear run at the footy. OMG. ;D

Mondoftw

Nic Nat and Daw are mentioned but thats it for the standout athletic ruckmen? Might have to have a good look and see which ones have the bigger tanks that will benefit the most....

Nails

Watch Billy Longer in coming seasons.

Cheers Ringo and fact for the help :)

Billy Longer is the leap king.

Mat0369

Am I the only one sick of the rules constantly changing when they in fact have no benefit to the game?

sweathog73

Absolutely. I'm with you Mat. They then have to adjust more rules to cover up. The sub rule has to go, hope the second year of higher injury data roles back that rule.

Mat0369

I am still not a fan of the sub rule at all. Fair enough taking away the bounce around the ground as half the umpires struggled to do it, but the fact they can't feel for contact now and try and out body each other at a ruck contest is just ridiculous. So is a free kick paid or are the umpires going to keep bickering between themselves and the players to get them to not body each other at the bounce and just slow down the game even more?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: FactHunt on February 24, 2013, 08:54:01 PM
The rucks can no longer make contact before ball-ups and throw-ins (stoppages).
It benefits the athletic ruckman, rather than the ruckman who uses strength to overthrow his opponent.

NicNat when fit makes my mouth water... he was already super impressive last year, imagine what he will pull off with a clear run at the footy. OMG. ;D

yeah if there is a record in DT or SC history for the highest % of teams who made the same trade IN, it will be smashed when NicNat comes back this season.

everyone will be getting on everyone.

quinny88

Quote from: Mondoftw on February 24, 2013, 09:02:02 PM
Nic Nat and Daw are mentioned but thats it for the standout athletic ruckmen? Might have to have a good look and see which ones have the bigger tanks that will benefit the most....

Ryder will benefit also. Very athletic and can jump over most