2013 Player Profile: Brendon Ellis

Started by Noz, September 15, 2012, 02:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy_Boiz

Served me well this year. When tuck retires will he get more midfield time or will conca get that role? Will be interesting to see

Spinking

Reckon the Tiges have landed a winner with this bloke. Not sure he fits with my strategy, but have no doubt he will be fantasy relevant in the next few years. Hopefully he holds his def pos for long enough to get him into a few teams.

mx187

No for me, did'nt impress me in the games I saw him play(Was'nt many tho).
Hopefully he'll make into the midfield over the next few years and if makes DEF/MID will consider then.

Windigo

Not a chance to make my squad next year.

Maybe in years to come, but certainly not in the foreseeable future.  :)

Toga

Does this make anyone think that Ellis could be in line for some more midfield time next year? :o

I feel as though this is saying that Richmond has recruited the likes of Conca and Ellis with intentions of having them play off half-back or the bench, rotating into the midfield as second-tier mids...

QuoteThe Club boasts the likes of Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Shane Tuck and Nathan Foley in its starting midfield, but has recently recruited for need, to assist its front-liners when they are involved in rotations.

In the last two drafts, the Tigers have selected Brandon Ellis and Reece Conca with its first picks, and in the recent free agency period, acquired Chris Knights from Adelaide.

Source: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150838/default.aspx

roti

Think he will play either off half back or on a wing, both fantasy relevant positions but he won't be next year i don't think.

Toga

Quote from: roti on November 12, 2012, 10:19:02 PM
Think he will play either off half back or on a wing, both fantasy relevant positions but he won't be next year i don't think.

Yeah I agree with you there. Although i think he does have potential to be fantasy relevant though, he did start to come good towards the end of the season.

Might be a bit too risky though...

whatlex

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on September 23, 2012, 06:31:34 PM
Served me well this year. When tuck retires will he get more midfield time or will conca get that role? Will be interesting to see
Agreed :)

roti

Quote from: Toga on November 12, 2012, 10:22:28 PM
Quote from: roti on November 12, 2012, 10:19:02 PM

Yeah I agree with you there. Although i think he does have potential to be fantasy relevant though, he did start to come good towards the end of the season.

Might be a bit too risky though...

Yes I think he will be, not next year i don't think however, our boy concs is ahead of him in getting a spot in the mids, and a spot for that matter, competition for places will be high

POK252

May sound a bit silly but am actually considering  ??? Played well on Fri night and can see him pushing to an 80+ avg. Currently in my team but is very much on the edge  :-\

Toga

Quote from: POK252 on February 26, 2013, 10:59:58 PM
May sound a bit silly but am actually considering  ??? Played well on Fri night and can see him pushing to an 80+ avg. Currently in my team but is very much on the edge  :-\

Me too mate - tempted by Ellis, Harbrow & Jacobs!

POK252

Was also looking at Harbrow but cant find the extra 10 grand to bring him in. With these 44 trades I've decided to go with a different strategy of picking a unique smoky in each position. ATM Ellis is the man in the backline

Ricochet

With most decent cheap rookies coming from the backline, are mid priced defenders worth it?

Andrew

Quote from: Ricochet on February 27, 2013, 12:55:56 AM
With most decent cheap rookies coming from the backline, are mid priced defenders worth it?

Exactly what I'm thinking; guns & rookie approach looks the go for the backline this year. Better mid-priced options in midfield and forward line anyway.