Jed Adcock ?

Started by jimmyh, February 23, 2013, 06:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyh

Haven't seen his name anywhere for a long time, captain now.. possible switch with Rich into the mids? Great POD or just not relevant this year? Cheaper than Hanley, Hartlett etc.. thoughts?

Jroo

Haven't heard anyone at all talk about him, which means he shoulde unique. Adcock has been a great scorer in the past and no reason why he won't continue it.
But, I'd rather Hanley, as he'll be playing off a wing this year and reckon hel take his game to the next level

Colliwobblers

Hanley off a wingcould mean more ball for adcock off half back who knows.

also where does stanley play with broughton coming in and how will that effect hanley

will Heppell be just like every bombers player picked in the first round of the last 5 national drafts and hit an invisable wall and improve no further or will he become elite?

will hartletts body hols up, will grimes maintain his scoring

i am clueless as to who gets my DEF 3 spot the first two are no brainers but after them i have no clue.

Adcock is not in my considerations however i think there are better options, dearer but better.

GoLions

If he could consistently put together 4 quarters of football, then he would be a great POD. However, that is very rarely the case with him. Also tends to miss a couple of matches each year. I'll be taking the risk in DT most likely with the number of trades increased to 2 per round, but not in SC. Could pay off though, will keep an eye on him throughout the rest of the pre-season.

Colliwobblers

Lions play Bulldogs , GCS, North and Melbourne in their first 5 with Adelaide being the only hard one.

then they get a bit harder draw, so if you think he will fire best to start him but i agree he can be inconsistent.

meow meow

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

also where does stanley play with broughton coming in and how will that effect hanley

I don't think Broughton will have a massive effect on Hanley to be honest.

GoLions

Quote from: meow meow on February 23, 2013, 07:19:03 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

I don't think Broughton will have a massive effect on Hanley to be honest.
Ha. Probably meant Stanley  :P

StuL

Had him last year. Pretty sure he's on my 'never again' list.

nrich102

Too inconsistant for me, but would be unique

ubeaut

Quote from: GoLions16 on February 23, 2013, 07:08:49 PM
If he could consistently put together 4 quarters of football, then he would be a great POD. However, that is very rarely the case with him. Also tends to miss a couple of matches each year. I'll be taking the risk in DT most likely with the number of trades increased to 2 per round, but not in SC. Could pay off though, will keep an eye on him throughout the rest of the pre-season.
Yeah I agree. He is capable, he's a great player but the roles he plays at times ,his injuries and general inconsistency make him a no from me. Hanley has a great SC long kick and would still be a POD.

strikes91

he played a few lock down rolls last year when goose maguire was out and merrett up front. shouldn't have to worry about that to much this year so he could be good pick up

SydneyRox

think he is in for a big year

tbagrocks

He is in his prime, so how will he average more ???

Considering Redden, Rockliff, Golby, Hanley, Leuey, Rich are all primed to score higher than their 2012 scores

Jed couldn't be relevant? Yes he is relevant but won't score higher than 2012