2012 Games: 20

2012 Ave: 77.2

Centuries: 5

Highs: 120 vs GWS, 111 VS West Coast, 108 vs Collingwood

Lows: 17 vs Adelaide, 33 vs Port Adelaide, 39 vs Brisbane

FanPlanner Price: $410,200

Position: Midfield

Thoughts
The number five pick in the 2009 Draft is yet to live up to his potential, but showed some very promising signs last year, in particular the latter stages of the season. He played 20 games and averaged 18.4 disposals (five better than his previous years), the major criticism on Cunnington has been his speed and in turn his outside game, he has never had any trouble winning the ball on the inside. In his three years in the AFL 41% (2010), 45% (2011) and 43% (2012) of his possessions have been contested, a very impressive number, finding space is where his game needs improvement. He boosted his PPG by 24 this year and if not for the odd sub affected match his average would’ve passed 80. Interestingly, in his last 6 matches of the season he averaged 25.3 disposals and 96.7 Supercoach points while also breaking the ton (101) in the elimination final, an extremely strong finish to the year. In his draft year Geelong Falcons regional manager, Michael Turner, labelled Cunnington the most professional junior footballer that he had come across in 15 years.

Verdict
If you’re looking for a mid-priced player on the verge of a breakout season, Cunnington mounts a very appealing case, fourth year, 54 games, mini breakout year in 2012, strong finish, improving side and a top 5 draft pick, everything you look for. No doubt a risky pick, but if you have the faith to pick him the reward could be high.

Prediction

AFEV

Agree with you I think he'll lift to a new level, but probably still not high enough to get to keeper status. Will likely miss out for me but will keep a close eye on him all season as love watching him play. :)

shorty3264

yeh I reckon, not quite to a premium but still quality, player for the future.

Adamant

Quality player, but I wont be taking any risks in the midfield this year.

shorty3264

Thoughts on him after ripping up the intra club and a solid first hit out last night, consider?