Started by blues boy, February 23, 2013, 12:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chapman or Bartel?

Chapman
Bartel

blues boy

Who would you choose? Why?
Bartel is mr reliable with constant 90's
Chapman has apparently had one of the best pre-seasons and is looking to spend more time in the midfield!

Converted

Judging on the way Chappy finished off last year he should spend more time in the forwards, seeing his average decrease. However a solid option that appears to be quite unique according to the teams being posted. Personally think there are better ways to spend the cash in the forward line - Buddy and Cox for a bit more or Wright or Dusty for breakout potential. And of course Mr Rockcliff should be locked and loaded.

Good luck - the forward line seems to be giving us the most headaches this season!

blues boy

Quote from: Converted on February 23, 2013, 12:35:54 AM
Judging on the way Chappy finished off last year he should spend more time in the forwards, seeing his average decrease. However a solid option that appears to be quite unique according to the teams being posted. Personally think there are better ways to spend the cash in the forward line - Buddy and Cox for a bit more or Wright or Dusty for breakout potential. And of course Mr Rockcliff should be locked and loaded.

Good luck - the forward line seems to be giving us the most headaches this season!

Yeah cheers! i already have Cox and Rocky up forward but not convinced on wright or dusty!

StuL

Swan Fan

Jimmy Bartel ... Mr. Consistant      :P

nrich102

AndyJ

I'd be reluctant to take either of Bartel or Chapman ..  As Converted posted, Chapmans back end of 2012 wasnt great and he was noticeably slowing down. Bartel has been flagged by the cats hierarchy as having LESS midfield time this year .. so he'll possibly drop some value at the start of the season.

That said, chappy has been running personal best timetrials this preseason .. so lets wait and see. Personally, i'm heading down a more youthful tack with players like rockcliff & zorko (yes both brisbane - look at their early season fixture) in the forwards.

Jukes

I'd probably lean towards Chappy, but at this stage I'm not considering either. Zorko, Rocky and Mitch Robbo should average more, and Cloke will go close but gain much more money. Can't see one of the Geelong oldies getting past them.

Adamant

Just because Chappy's been a great servant for my DT in the past, go with him.

essendon2

Chappy's first full pre-season in years, said he was playing a lot more MID this year - go chappy