HEATER: HOT OR NOT?

Started by timtim, February 21, 2013, 01:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

batt

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 21, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
all the haters will miss out on the fun and thats fine
Dude, have you tried the Broughton rollercoaster?  It's like 10x the fun.  The admission tickets are cheaper too.

ubeaut

Quote from: quinny88 on February 21, 2013, 01:25:51 AM
He is always overlooked. I love it as he is one of the few defenders that can avg over 100 and people are too scared to pick him so he is a pod. The inclusion of Russell should see him released more to the wing as well where he will dominate
Yes yes and yes. Pick him. I have a budget backline with Goddard and Gibbs nudging him out. He is my first upgrade target.

Samm79

Don't know what all the fuss eith Heater is, he is a late season upgrade at best, the rational being...

Heater has averaged less than 18 games per season since his last (and only) full season. That is 4 games a year that you endure a 60 from a rookie, or worse a donut...

Assuming he plays 18 games, averages 100, and you get 60 ppg from a rookie for the other 4 games. This gives 'Heath Shaw' an average of below 93.

Compared this to Gibbs, who has missed one game in 6 seasons, should average you 100 and for 22 games, he is $30K cheaper. He represents considerably more value than Heater, every day of the week.

I cannot find any reason to start Heater, can someone enlighten me?

SydneyRox

Quote from: batt on February 22, 2013, 12:18:34 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 21, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
all the haters will miss out on the fun and thats fine
Dude, have you tried the Broughton rollercoaster?  It's like 10x the fun.  The admission tickets are cheaper too.

heater is a gun!!

quinny88

Quote from: Samm79 on February 22, 2013, 12:51:41 AM
Don't know what all the fuss eith Heater is, he is a late season upgrade at best, the rational being...

Heater has averaged less than 18 games per season since his last (and only) full season. That is 4 games a year that you endure a 60 from a rookie, or worse a donut...

Assuming he plays 18 games, averages 100, and you get 60 ppg from a rookie for the other 4 games. This gives 'Heath Shaw' an average of below 93.

Compared this to Gibbs, who has missed one game in 6 seasons, should average you 100 and for 22 games, he is $30K cheaper. He represents considerably more value than Heater, every day of the week.

No ones talking about starting heater over Gibbs..
Get both. And how many games does grimes avg? Not stoping a hell of a lot of coaches get him.

Samm79

Fair point, missed my concluding line..... which was... Surely there is better value for your $$$$ in other positions?!?

quinny88

Quote from: Samm79 on February 22, 2013, 01:12:37 AM
Fair point, missed my concluding line..... which was... Surely there is better value for your $$$$ in other positions?!?

Probably but the back line offers the players it does and u have to pick from the bunch and I reckon heater is one of only a couple that can avg 100+

tor01doc

Don't know what all the fuss with Heater is, he is a late season upgrade at best: the rationale being...

This is Heath Shaw's 'average'.

If you trade him out for his missed games, he'll average over 100. But you don't and you won't.

Samm79 has made a very valid point and not everyone seems to be listening.

ubeaut

The same could be said about "Buddy Franklin" Last year or before I remember R.okeefe outscoring Buddy over the season eventhough he averaged 10 points less or something. People still pick him. OK he's the number 1 averaging forward but he also misses heaps of games.

End of the day there aren't many defenders who will get u 100 regularly besides Goddard,Gibbs and Shaw.

tor01doc

Good point. I hadn't looked at that because I wear Buddy goggles.

but - Buddy's top 5 236 / 142 / 140 / 131 / 130 and 11/16 (7/17 or 69% of games he played >99 points)
H Shaw's top 5 136 / 133 / 133 / 121 / 120 and only half his games over 99 points.

Leaving Buddy out is more risky.

I will get them both. It's just a question of when.