Main Menu

Breakevens

Started by Frankfaust, February 21, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankfaust1

Can anyone tell me how to estimate breakevens and price fluctuations over the first handful of rounds.

Trying to get my head around how to judge when to get off someone I've picked maybe because he has a good early draw. That kind of thing.

batt

You've made me wonder where on earth TooSerious' salary predictor went.  Hopefully it'll be back before round 1.

tor01doc

As batt says 'tooserious' is great.

Also the 'bubbleboy' section on this site is helpful.

GoldDigger

Also ffgenie will be about once the season starts.

Frankfaust1

Quote from: GoldDigger on February 21, 2013, 10:11:25 PM

Thanks chaps. I was trying to get a sense now of what sort of scores would have an immediate effect on their value and what sort of proportions. Trying to quantify the risk a bit. For example, if Murphy can't handle the tag in his early hard games, what does that do to his price over, say first 3 weeks. That kind of thing. I'll be using the bubble boy when the season is up and running.

Ziplock

tooserious is great. I tried using it like a week ago, and it wasn't fully up and ready yet though :/

tbagrocks

Footywire, tooserious seems slower to use

GoldDigger

Quote from: Frankfaust on February 21, 2013, 10:44:41 PM
Quote from: GoldDigger on February 21, 2013, 10:11:25 PM

Thanks chaps. I was trying to get a sense now of what sort of scores would have an immediate effect on their value and what sort of proportions. Trying to quantify the risk a bit. For example, if Murphy can't handle the tag in his early hard games, what does that do to his price over, say first 3 weeks. That kind of thing. I'll be using the bubble boy when the season is up and running.

Prices don't move until after R3. Movement is based on starting price and most recent 3 round average. This means that R1 score only contributes to price change once, R2 score only contributes twice. R3 and after, scores always contribute to the running average 3 times.

As for "early hard rounds" (or easy ones), use the tooserious ticker.