Memph's Mid Price Mania

Started by Memphistopheles, February 07, 2013, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Holzman on February 19, 2013, 03:44:13 PM
Richard Tambling at a little over 200k. If named round 1 has to be worth a sneaky look 70k more than the likes of pittar and goodes, will see when adealide field a better squad but taken before buddy in the draft.

Surely that means he is better than buddy, 100+ on the cards than ;)

Hahaha no way Tambling ever will be better than Buddy.

If it looks like he's going to play then he'll come into consideration. I don't think i'll be picking him though.

Someone who did come into my consideration in the NAB Cup games played so far was Hibberd. Looks like he could be good value and if Heppell pushes further up he could take his spot.

azza707

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 04:13:54 PM
Quote from: Holzman on February 19, 2013, 03:44:13 PM
Richard Tambling at a little over 200k. If named round 1 has to be worth a sneaky look 70k more than the likes of pittar and goodes, will see when adealide field a better squad but taken before buddy in the draft.

Surely that means he is better than buddy, 100+ on the cards than ;)

Hahaha no way Tambling ever will be better than Buddy.

Grab a dictionary and search the word sarcasm haha

Andrew

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 03:39:17 PM
Ok so he's a bit above a mid-price but I'm thinking rather than start multiple threads i'll keep all my thoughts together in one so I can keep an eye on them.

I'm going to reveal one of my smokies to start this season and I can't believe I haven't seen more chatter surrounding him so far this pre-season.

I've decided to bring Jonathon Brown ($409,600) him into my team today because of Stevie J's Rd 1 suspension.

The reasons are as follows:

Brown is a proven DT gun although he's had a few down season due to injuries. But he showed last season that he's definitely not past it.

He plays the Western Bulldogs, Adelaide and Gold Coast Suns in the first three. Then North Melbourne and the Melbourne. This is a perfect start to the season, equally as good as Reiwoldt's IMO.

He's likely to score very well in at least three of these games and there's no reason why he couldn't also do well against Adelaide and the Kangaroos.

Last season he scored 146 versus GWS and 130 vs Melbourne. He also averaged 10 marks against the Bulldogs last season (in two games) and booted 5 goals in one game (0 in the other). And against North Melbourne he also grabbed 10 marks (and in 2011 against them he took 11 marks and booted 4 goals.

He tends to monster weaker defences/teams (last season he kicked 4 or more goals against Melbourne, GWS, Richmond and Port Adelaide) and I can see his price rising after the first five weeks.

Then in round six i'll look at my options but will consider trading him for Stevie J.

Very interesting, I'm tempted..! Apparently Brown will play Week 3 of the NAB Cup vs Collingwood, if he strikes a bit of pre-season form it'll make him even more tempting! He's at nearly the same price as Broughton though. Who wins out of Brown vs Broughton for F3? I'm finding it a tough call, mainly because I don't like picking Broughton but the lowest average of his career last year with dual position status this year makes him hard to ignore. The Brown v Broughton call will probably be one that will go down to the lockout wire for me.

elephants

Haha reckon I'll have a few down to the lockout wire also mate! I'm having a good run with it so far going Barlow over Martin in 2010, Carrazzo over Lake in 2011 and Sidey over Cloke in 2012! (touch wood) haha.

Yep I have had a look at Browny and his numbers Memph and he actually hates Adelaide. He often copped Bock and IIRC he averages in the 70's against them. Also he is mega inconsistent as proven by his 140+ effort vs Melbourne then a measly 30 odd against them later on.

It's a big risk but I'm more likely to get on the Bird rollercoaster than the Browny one!

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on February 22, 2013, 05:00:32 AM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 03:39:17 PM
Ok so he's a bit above a mid-price but I'm thinking rather than start multiple threads i'll keep all my thoughts together in one so I can keep an eye on them.

I'm going to reveal one of my smokies to start this season and I can't believe I haven't seen more chatter surrounding him so far this pre-season.

I've decided to bring Jonathon Brown ($409,600) him into my team today because of Stevie J's Rd 1 suspension.

The reasons are as follows:

Brown is a proven DT gun although he's had a few down season due to injuries. But he showed last season that he's definitely not past it.

He plays the Western Bulldogs, Adelaide and Gold Coast Suns in the first three. Then North Melbourne and the Melbourne. This is a perfect start to the season, equally as good as Reiwoldt's IMO.

He's likely to score very well in at least three of these games and there's no reason why he couldn't also do well against Adelaide and the Kangaroos.

Last season he scored 146 versus GWS and 130 vs Melbourne. He also averaged 10 marks against the Bulldogs last season (in two games) and booted 5 goals in one game (0 in the other). And against North Melbourne he also grabbed 10 marks (and in 2011 against them he took 11 marks and booted 4 goals.

He tends to monster weaker defences/teams (last season he kicked 4 or more goals against Melbourne, GWS, Richmond and Port Adelaide) and I can see his price rising after the first five weeks.

Then in round six i'll look at my options but will consider trading him for Stevie J.

Very interesting, I'm tempted..! Apparently Brown will play Week 3 of the NAB Cup vs Collingwood, if he strikes a bit of pre-season form it'll make him even more tempting! He's at nearly the same price as Broughton though. Who wins out of Brown vs Broughton for F3? I'm finding it a tough call, mainly because I don't like picking Broughton but the lowest average of his career last year with dual position status this year makes him hard to ignore. The Brown v Broughton call will probably be one that will go down to the lockout wire for me.

Easy decision for me - I'm locking Broughton into my defence so Brown is one I can definitely consider up forward. I think it's really between him and Riewoldt for me.

And ele I'm more inclined to ride a forward rollercoaster then a midfield on this season with the amount of good midfield rookies around. Also I'm fairly sure Brown's ride in the first five games will be up, up, up. After the Melbourne game it might be downhill for a bit which is why I'd be looking then to move to Stevie J or another premium (Buddy).

This is assuming he looks all good in his NAB Cup game and there's no niggles/worries heading into the season.

essendon2

Bird or Siposs?

my locked in strategy... - all players I pick will be undervalued players besides Swan and Ablett

Memphistopheles

Quote from: essendon2 on February 22, 2013, 04:04:23 PM
Bird or Siposs?

my locked in strategy... - all players I pick will be undervalued players besides Swan and Ablett

Siposs for me.

There's been a lot of hype about Bird this preseason but the fact remains that in 5 seasons Bird has yet to average above 70 and has not significantly increased his average in any season. I think there

Siposs upped his average to ~80 last season (if you take out the sub-affected games) and has been earnmarked for a regular spot in the Goddard 'sweeper' role across half back.

Bird is also a handy tagger and may be given lock down roles and in a lot of his games had more handballs than kicks.

Bird could start well but Siposs is more likely to turn into a keeper. Also Siposs' draw early on is probably easier than Bird's.

Siposs is also cheaper - no brainer in my opinion.

Andrew

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 22, 2013, 01:54:08 PM
Easy decision for me - I'm locking Broughton into my defence so Brown is one I can definitely consider up forward. I think it's really between him and Riewoldt for me.

And ele I'm more inclined to ride a forward rollercoaster then a midfield on this season with the amount of good midfield rookies around. Also I'm fairly sure Brown's ride in the first five games will be up, up, up. After the Melbourne game it might be downhill for a bit which is why I'd be looking then to move to Stevie J or another premium (Buddy).

This is assuming he looks all good in his NAB Cup game and there's no niggles/worries heading into the season.

Fair point but I'm liking my defence of Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, and Hartlett. Hartlett is a much better pick than Broughton for mine with easy fixtures from the get go, so I need to find a way of squeezing Broughton into the forward line. Definitely going to be a contest between Brown & Broughton for F3 as Sipposs and two midpricers (Knights/Varcoe/Byrnes) will make-up the rest of my starting 6 forwards.

Ziplock

here's a tea, I just threw together for showers and gigs.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Newman, Hibberd, Jacobs, Goodes (pittard, docherty)
M: Swan, Ablett, Shiel, Ball, Moloney, Embley, Lucas, Omeara (crouch, viney)
R: Smith, Leuenberger (Witts, Daw)
F: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Robinson, Roughead, Hampton (Macaffer, Lee)

it just seems like a fun side :P

Jukes

dog, please :P

B: Shaw, Dempsey, Pearce, Hibberd, Atley, Pittard (Stevenson, Docherty)
M: McLean, Ebert, Greene, Gaff, Cunnington, D. Swallow, Monfries, C. Beams (Wines, O'Meara)
R: Bellchambers, Jenkins (Gorringe, Witts)
F: Cloke, S. Martin, Bird, D. Smith, Siposs, Harper (Macaffer, Neade)

Ziplock

but... mines a completely viable team...

that's jordan roughead btw not jarryd :P