Rough Choice

Started by PICCOLLO, February 25, 2013, 10:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PICCOLLO

Anyone else concerned that Jarryd Roughead hasnt been training with rucks and played CHB in Nab?  Hes a terrifically consistent player fwd/ruc but playing back could hurt his scores. Thoughts?

ThePreditorPenguin

i was actually worried about the exact same thing, but IMO i reckon its just a NAB cup thing to test him out and move players around, and should be back in the fwd/ ruck where we love him
ps im keeping him in team  8)

Mat0369

Preparing for the return of Max Bailey. Bailey in the ruck, Roughy back, Hale forward.

Vincent

There is no reason why he cant average 100 as a backman. He is a star. Baily will not last long.

colmullet

If he does play down back, Gibson and Lake take the two best forwards and Roughy probably gets the 3rd tall if there is one peeling off taking intercept marks and what not....plus his ground work for a big guy is exceptional, he will score no matter where he plays, might take a little away from him down back without the kicking of goals and what not but i wouldnt expect him to be down there all year, i think they were just seeing how Schoenmakers would go up forward weren't they?

Hagebear

I actually don't mind it. Just adding some more flexibility to his game. Now he can play absolutely everywhere on the ground. He's not the kind of player who will be a lock down CHB.... Plenty of intercept marks, can still ruck when be ball goes into defence and obviously will still play forward most of the time. He looks super fit this year so could be a huge year for Roughy.

tyronee

would you take buddy and sam jacobs or Roughy and Maric?

ThePreditorPenguin

I would take sam jacobs and roughy at least thats what iv got!

Capper

Roughie as a back worries me. His opponent will clearly beat him the ball on a fast lead every time.

But you cant take everything and every position as gospel in the NAB

tbagrocks

Never been a more appropriate name than Jarryd Roughhead

How rough is that head :o