Nick Riewoldt

Started by Mykonos FC, February 16, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mykonos FC

Now I know a lot of you probably feel burned by him perhaps or just think he is totally past it, but hear me out  :)

Between 2006 and 2010, Riewoldt averaged 117, 114, 114, 113 and 109 respectively in SC. In 2011 he had a down year averaging below 90 first the time in his career (and since SC was created).

NRoo is also in fantastic shape, off a monitored program he will be rested in the early stages of the NAB Cup like most of the Saints' guns but do not worry, he is in tip top shape.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-16/roo-hopping-into-2013

In 2012 we saw a comeback of the NRoo of old (Ross Lyon was gone and Watters introduced). He averaged 96 but take out his two injury effected matches against Sydney (Round 17) and Melbourne (Round 20) he actually averaged 101,meaning you can argue he is 5 points underpriced due to being subbed early.

Now fixturing shouldn't impact player selections too much unless a form pattern appears and NRoo when he versed Gold Coast last season destroyed Warnock and GCS's defence on both occasions scoring 119 and 159. NRoo didn't get to verse GWS last year but stats say he likes to beat up on the worse teams, he scored 116 and 136 against the Dogs in 2012 also.

NRoo also proved he was capable of performing against the better defensive lineups too scoring 123 against West Coast in Perth and 115 against Sydney.

TO go with the fixturing, Riewoldt's first 4 opponents (in this upcoming year) he dominated last season scoring an average of 120 in SuperCoach (GCS, Rich, Syd, Ess) and this doesn't include a matchup against GWS in Round 3!!

Only owned by 1.9% of supercoaches at this moment in time, so a very handy POD for sure.

CONCLUSION: Nick Riewoldt is someone I am personally considering due to facts and history. With a fit pre season and more support in the forward line with the trade in of Hickey, Riewoldt could well be back to 100+ average in 2012 and if the stats stay true an early average of 120+ is on the cards. 

Mykonos FC

* Hickey will generally be used as a back up for McEvoy but it will interesting to see what happens to Kosi now that Hickey has been traded in. Watch this space.

MC

Just read the same article, and was thinking about posting a 'smokies' thread!

You beat me to it mate, i'm a bit concerned with his age (31+) and his last two years - where he's only missed a few games yet averaged close to 90 for both seasons.

Yeah he was playing through injury, but his price of 513k is probably too high and too much of a risk for a player who now plays more like a KPP than a mid like he was a few seasons back. Better off spending the same cash on players like Rockliff/D Mart/Thomas etc who will all be running through the mids and racking up touches.

Mykonos FC

But he did improve in 2012 on his 2011 season.

I can see a 100 average and I'd take that - particularly with a good start which is a nice start to the season.

Oh and c'mon, he's only 30  :P

Nieso FC

In my side to make quick cash then transfer to a fallen star

Nige

Even with his good draw early, I personally won't be going near him.