Port Adelaide? Why oh why?

Started by tor01doc, February 13, 2013, 10:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of teams have 3, 4 and even 5 Port players?

Why?  :o

Aren't they shower?

ando_10

pittard? wines? mitchell?? neade?? they are the only 4 i can think of that are worth anything at all lol.

Jroo

Quote from: ando_10 on February 13, 2013, 10:45:01 PM
pittard? wines? mitchell?? neade?? they are the only 4 i can think of that are worth anything at all lol.
Lewis Stevenson and Campbell Heath are two others to watch.

Capper

have an easy draw to start so some have gone with Ebert in the mids as well

tbagrocks

The were, are a few of these rooks? Didn't everyone have like 10 GWS players last year, weren't thay shower?

Rooks are a better chance at getting games at a weeker club, just look at Mitchell last year

A very strong team developing at Alberton, great young midfield and good spine, Port will supprise this year if Hinkley can get them playing straight enough

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on February 13, 2013, 10:43:27 PM
Has anyone else noticed that a lot of teams have 3, 4 and even 5 Port players?

Why?  :o

Aren't they shower?

Them being shower is a positive though. Picking their rookies up because they are more likely to play in a shower team

pikla

I think a lot of teams have port rookies as they have a greater chance of getting more games in a weak team. well, thats my take on it anyway.

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on February 13, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
have an easy draw to start so some have gone with Ebert in the mids as well
Let's not go nuts :P nothing will be easy for Port for a while

tor01doc

So Neade who weighs 64kg is worth a look?

Also Colquhoun,  Ebert, Hartlett and even Gray are getting a bit of air time.

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on February 13, 2013, 10:48:58 PM
So Neade who weighs 64kg is worth a look?

Also Colquhoun,  Ebert, Hartlett and even Gray are getting a bit of air time.

People have all sorts of random rookies in at this time of year. I garuntee 99% of the people with a guy like Neade in their side have never laid eyes on the bloke. Once the nab cup is underway the rookie choices will take shape and guys like that will be weeded out of teams.
As far as Hartlett goes, he's not the worst choice. If he stays on the park he will be a great POD.
Anyone picking Gray hasnt been listening properly because he's injured and has had no pre season, may not even play in the first month of the season.

tbagrocks

What I understand is Heath and Mitchell are impressing the most, with Wines of course, Col is almost as light as Neade :o

Hagebear

I currently have 3 starting in my backline in DT. Hartlett, Pittard and Stevenson. With Ollie Wines on my mid bench. Quite disgusted with myself being a crows supporter.

Blaircam

I have more Port players in my side this year than I ever have.
I have Hartlett, Pittard, Wines, Mitchell at the moment.
Like others have said, weak team = more chance of game time.