M5: Fyfe, Mundy, Moloney or someone else?

Started by Southstorm, February 24, 2013, 01:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

Going with a 5 premium midfield strategy but I'd like to save money on the M5 by getting a lowly priced premium (or even a mid pricer who will score like a premium) as an each way bet between cash-cow and keeper. The theory is with a player around this range, a good few first weeks and a sidways rookie trade will easily get an upgrade to a super premium, so I still start pretty fast but earny money quickly too. But, first time I've ever done something like this so will this idea work?

At the moment, I'm liking Fyfe but  Mundy is also on my radar and Moloney is extremely tempting at that price. Most concerned with who breaks the $550k barrier first.

Who do you think is best out of those three and anyone else I should give a look at?

GoLions

I think I'm in a similar position, currently have Mundy locked at M5 atm. If he can get back to his 2011 form (before his injury), then he will definitely be the best pick out of those 3.

johnnytheboy1

I think the way Moloney Played last night he may be the better option as he is cheaper.

Mat0369

Didn't Mundy have an injury setback recently? Moloney looked good. Considering there is such a price difference I would go with Moloney.

Bruizer81

T. Greene at 500ish racked them up again today and slipped in with a couple of nice goals...

quinny88

Quote from: Bruizer81 on February 24, 2013, 11:46:34 PM
T. Greene at 500ish racked them up again today and slipped in with a couple of nice goals...
[/quote

Greene will be a the first picked player for every team in a couple of years. Not quite a premium yet though

Blaircam

Love Greene's work but he's in an awkward place fantasy-wise.
$500 odd puts him in neither premo nor bargain land.

nperera95

I'd go with Moloney for a few reasons. Firstly, he is the cheapiest out of the others named above. And sceondly, his strength is at clearances and he can kick long goals. Thirdy, he dominated in 2011 at Melbourne and ended up winning their B&F and averaged close to the 100 mark. Fourthly, one of the Lion's main weakness is clearances but yet thats what Moloney is the best at in his game so therefore will spend most of time in the 'engine room' and collect dispoals and clearances. and he seems a lot leaner and fitter than he did at Melbourne which is a great sign and that has resulted with brilliant performaces in the nab cup thus far. So yeah, hope that helps :)

no eye deer

Quote from: nperera95 on February 25, 2013, 08:54:25 PM
I'd go with Moloney for a few reasons. Firstly, he is the cheapiest out of the others named above. And sceondly, his strength is at clearances and he can kick long goals. Thirdy, he dominated in 2011 at Melbourne and ended up winning their B&F and averaged close to the 100 mark. Fourthly, one of the Lion's main weakness is clearances but yet thats what Moloney is the best at in his game so therefore will spend most of time in the 'engine room' and collect dispoals and clearances. and he seems a lot leaner and fitter than he did at Melbourne which is a great sign and that has resulted with brilliant performaces in the nab cup thus far. So yeah, hope that helps :)

Jeez, you sell him well! :)

Vincent

Moloney got dropped from Melbournes team because of bad form. If he is capable of playing that bad he could spud up at any time

nperera95

Quote from: Vincent on February 25, 2013, 10:25:48 PM
Moloney got dropped from Melbournes team because of bad form. If he is capable of playing that bad he could spud up at any time

he was dropped because he didnt fit the team strategy... Mark Neeld even admitted that he wasnt fitting into the plan he had for the team and himself (Moloney) and thats why melbourne just simply allowed him to leave without hestiating to keep him. And this year at the Lions he looks like a new players and playing the way he wants to play...

nperera95

Quote from: no eye deer on February 25, 2013, 10:23:16 PM
Quote from: nperera95 on February 25, 2013, 08:54:25 PM

Jeez, you sell him well! :)

hahaha thanks! Just a crazy Lions supporter!