Kieran Harper

Started by turry17, February 11, 2013, 02:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turry17

What do you guys think of this guy as a POD? Priced at 49 but his non sub average for 2012 was 59. 3rd year prospect and up the pecking order could see him get to 70 if he doesn't get subbed regularly. Thoughts?

owenbond007

At that 250k make think there is to many experienced guys that should easily outscore him. Noticed a lot of teams are going a bit mid-pricer mad atm. Pick the best ones, id stay clear of the unknown.

Windigo

Looks a player for the future and has bulked up considerably, but I wouldn't go near him this year.

turry17

Have Byrnes at the moment. Just thinking due to how bad the forward rooks are to stock the forward line. Was thinking of him as a POD. Think he will have a good season but it is risky

Holz

he could start very strong in the first 6 weeks with boomer gone. 75-80 is deifantely possible.

However im going byrnes over him.

Jukes

I rate Harper above Byrnes as an early season prospect, could go 90+ average while Harvey is suspended and get you a decent amount of money and then you could trade him to a premo when his BE starts to climb. Not for me however, much prefer Siposs at 75k more.

Holz

Quote from: Jukes on February 11, 2013, 02:37:24 PM
I rate Harper above Byrnes as an early season prospect, could go 90+ average while Harvey is suspended and get you a decent amount of money and then you could trade him to a premo when his BE starts to climb. Not for me however, much prefer Siposs at 75k more.

If you seriously think he can average 90+ ion the first 6 than you would have to pick him. 90+ would put him as one of the best forwards, than round 7 you trade him out when he is around 400k

Jukes

Quote from: Holzman on February 11, 2013, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: Jukes on February 11, 2013, 02:37:24 PM

If you seriously think he can average 90+ ion the first 6 than you would have to pick him. 90+ would put him as one of the best forwards, than round 7 you trade him out when he is around 400k

I said could. More likely low-to-mid 80s but if he has a great NAB cup could find a way into my side.

timmyparso

Priced at 49, started in the green vest 6 times and red vested 3 times (9 vest affected games!).

Interesting prospect for 2013, along side Atley, he is one that North Melbourne are expecting bigger things from in 2013, both moving into 3rd their 3rd year.

As a mid priced forward, Varcoe is better value but he should be monitored during the NAB Cup and if he can cement a spot in the team without a vest and improve his output, both those things combined should see a decent improvement in his DT scores.

AFL Babble

"He's #23 in your Records, but #1 in your Harps - Kieren Harper."

Regardless of whether Boomer is playing, it has been flagged that Harper is moving into the midfield this year. What % will he be in there..? We'll have to wait and see, but he has a strong body, doesn't lose his feet and has shown glimpses of X-factor. His average is also indicative of his time as a dedicated forward up till now - but that is about to change.

If you have Atley, you have to consider this guy as well.