Shuey v Redden

Started by pikla, February 11, 2013, 11:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikla

last dilemma i have for now is my m5 position. Both players are a chance of stepping it up again this year, just a matter of who will step up more?

Escapist

To be honest, I dont think you can go wrong with either. I think Redden is a safer option as I remember Shuey missing some games through injury whereas Redden played the whole season (If i'm not mistaken.) I also think externally, Redden will improve more- the lions side has gotten a whole lot stronger with incoming top rookies/new recruits (such as Moloney)- The eagles side hasnt changed much, that being said the eagles are a stronger side either way.

I'd go Redden, shown to play every game and with a better lions side may take his game a little higher than Shuey's.

m1tch robo

tbagrocks

I don't like either, sure Reds could step up his contested ball and tacking (if possible) in an improving Lions, the Shue could go big also, but you will need 116+ to be a top 8 mid so are these guys doing this?

I'll take a 112-114 from a smokie but are these guys that somkie? I have doubts

SydneyRox

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 12, 2013, 01:53:06 AM
I don't like either, sure Reds could step up his contested ball and tacking (if possible) in an improving Lions, the Shue could go big also, but you will need 116+ to be a top 8 mid so are these guys doing this?

tbag is right in you need to be sure who you pick can get up to those numbers. i am not sure about either but think redden has the best shot at it

Ricochet

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 12, 2013, 02:41:08 AM

tbag is right in you need to be sure who you pick can get up to those numbers. i am not sure about either but think redden has the best shot at it
Yep have to say i agree here.

Whats the rest of your mids look like Pikia

pikla

Quote from: Ricochet on February 12, 2013, 03:38:59 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on February 12, 2013, 02:41:08 AM

Yep have to say i agree here.

Whats the rest of your mids look like Pikia

My midfield at the moment is Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin, Murphy, Shuey/Redden, Crouch, O'meara, Viney (Hrovat, K Mitchell)

I do, however, already have 4 lions (Docherty, Burger, Rockliff, Staker) as compared to one eagle (Cox)

shorty3264

I think Shuey will average around 115, Redden 110. Can't really lose though

dmac07

I'd go redden just because I think he will get a larger share of the lions mids score, compared to shirt in a tough eagles midfield. Still only a few points in it bit I personally wouldn't take either. Think Mindy and fyfe have the same scoring potential and cheaper.

Jroo

Redden, he's a gun. Can handle a tag better than Shuey and now has Berger back and Moloney, which will help him

Shihan7

Redden for me. He's had two consistently good years in a row and he's ready to go bang.