Mid Priced Ruck

Started by turry17, February 06, 2013, 05:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

GraysFan

Quote from: essendon2 on February 07, 2013, 12:25:08 PM
Roughead a good option?

I wouldnt purely because of the Hawks hard start, but after round 6, could be a good option

timmyparso

Leuy could be paired with Vardy, Gorringe, Pederson as a cheap ruck pairing. Extra cash could be used to place a premium in another position. So by pairing leuy with a mid pricer you are just replacing a mid pricer in another position to a premium.

A few things to consider:
1. will you get more value/points from your ruck mid pricer compared to a mid pricer in another position?
2. Most people see a mid priced ruck line as a weakness, but it just means you have more strength/money in another position.
3. Vardy (GEE) and Gorringe (GC) are the second rucks at thier clubs. Typically when teams play 2 rucks the 2nd tends to get red vested unless they can play forward or back. Geelong offen only played 1 ruck which will impact Vardys game time. GC played2 rucks often and Primus as ruck coach is pushing for a 2 ruck team.
4. At $300K, Pederson may not prove to be that valuable. He will play most weeks and increase in value but he won't average more than 70-75 in my opinion.

To summarise, I believe there are better value mid pricers in other positions so recommend start leuy as R2 with a premium at this stage but monitor the rucks during NAB Cup. But if you have the balls to take the risk I suggest you at least get Cox or Roughy in your forward line as back up, if the plan fails you can trade the underperforming ruck out, move Cox in and trade in the best value forward available at the time.