Noone giving him a run?

Started by AndreDrummond, February 04, 2013, 08:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndreDrummond

Is there something I'm missing with Leigh Osborne?
Was a jet at vfl level, mature aged, great job security at the suns if he gets elevated yet seems to be in next to no teams?
Why is this?

Hagebear

Don't really know too much about him. Bit of a Kyal Horsley??

batt

He's in my team but needs to be upgraded to have any chance of playing round 1.  Will be locked if he does.

Capper

Like a lot of Rookie listed/priced players we are waiting on the NAB cup and R1 teams to see which ones get a game. I personally dont know much about any Rookie players other than the Swans rookies.

Nobody knows who will play R1 yet and also which rookies will be elevated.

Wait and see with all of them.

MrCraig has gone through most of the rookies here, have a read
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.0.html

hawkers65

I read a article on the SC Paige saying he'll definitely get games but don't expect any big scores and he should look good for a 60 average. So with the wide range of back rooks i don't think 60 is good enough

felsty

Quote from: hawkers65 on February 04, 2013, 10:07:05 PM
I read a article on the SC Paige saying he'll definitely get games but don't expect any big scores and he should look good for a 60 average. So with the wide range of back rooks i don't think 60 is good enough

what hawkers said. i read the same article and it sounds like he isnt a huge accumulator of the ball, which isnt a knock on him, just that there are a few rookies flying around that sound like much better quality sc players - ATM.

NAB answers everything - remember aaron hall

quinny88

He's in my side. No rookies are a certainty just yet though

SydneyRox

Quote from: quinny88 on February 04, 2013, 11:59:04 PM
He's in my side. No rookies are a certainty just yet though

+1 - still early days

meow meow

He can run pretty fast. That's all he has got. Speed. Not a big ball winner. Not a contested possession machine. Not lethal disposal accuracy. Just speed. I'm pretty sure GC will go with Broughton, Cannon, Harbrow as their half backs so this guy does NOT have great JS.

AndreDrummond

Quote from: meow meow on February 05, 2013, 02:39:31 AM
He can run pretty fast. That's all he has got. Speed. Not a big ball winner. Not a contested possession machine. Not lethal disposal accuracy. Just speed. I'm pretty sure GC will go with Broughton, Cannon, Harbrow as their half backs so this guy does NOT have great JS.

Sorry mate but that's not true at all, he operated at 70 percent kicking effiency last year in the vfl, that's a pretty good kick if you ask me?
Also he is still a lot more mature then a lot of the suns players, I see him featuring heavily this year.
Please get your facts right.

Ziplock

that's reasonable disposal efficiency, but not amazing. And depending on how you play, DE can be pretty easy to rack up- cheap hand balls/ kicks etc...

that being said, this is the more important part of meows comment

'Broughton, Cannon, Harbrow as their half backs so this guy does NOT have great JS.'

that's completely true. All those blokes are proven at an AFL level, and with most the GC blokes hitting their 3rd year, they're not exactly small bodied. Mckenzie isn't exactly tiny, but he has a huge lethal kick.

I agree, his JS isn't great. If GC saw him in their 22 they would have taken him in the PSD so he didnt need to be upgraded.

Fact is, pointless to have him in your team until he gets taken off the rookie list.