whos starting without ablett?

Started by bartyboys, February 28, 2013, 03:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Wouldnt couldnt cant imagine starting without Ablett. Yes he's expensive but theres a reason he is expensive and yes its possible he may drop a small amount in price but the money you may save doesnt outweigh the need to start with him in your team. Has a breakeven of 137 which is very doable for Gaz, try finding the cash to get him in early and you be blowing 3 or 4 of your extra trades to do it to get the cash together while others will be upgrading to other prems much easier you'll be trading rookies two at a time and maybe sideways a mid price prem to lessen the trades required to get Gaz. Its not easy to do i assure you. What is easy is while you have the cash right now is BUY him.

Sabretooth Tigers

It takes a combination of balls of steele, great judgement, and a large amount of timing coupled with a lot of pure arse to win Supercoach. And having said that there is no place for the sheer stupidity it would take to leave out the best player I have seen in the last 50 years. I think if you did leave Gazza out you must keep the money aside to bring him straight in should he start killing it from round 1, so there just isn't any advantage leaving him out. If you are after something different from the rest then why not try something like - - -
MIDFIELD   Ablett   Swan   H Bennell    Fyfe  + 6 rookies  and using the money saved to fill the forward line and have perhaps 3 prems in defence + 5 rookies. The mid and defence rookies will be the best scorers and moneymakers hands down this season. Whichever way you go all the best of luck and cheers for starting such a provocative thread.

tor01doc

The ability to double the score of a particular player favors the single highest scoring player.

Sure, you can upgrade a crappy player to a less crappy player elsewhere, but that is statistically disadvantageous. Your points differential calculations need to take doubling your captain's score into consideration. You simply cannot make up for this by spreading your dollars.

The only possible reason to start without Ablett is if you think he won't be the top scoring player again.

If that is what you believe, then do not start him, otherwise you should.

bartyboys

i think ill pop him in and leave him there case closed. with the extra trades it sounded ok to take the punt. but 3 scores of 150 will put you in a place to play catch up!!!

T Dog