Midfield Strategy

Started by johnnytheboy1, February 03, 2013, 04:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnytheboy1

Is it better to start 5 Premium Mids or 4 because on Supercoach Paige website she says the best strategy is to start 4 Mid Premiums see attachment below
http://www.scpaige.com.au/2013-supercoach-secrets-pt-1-the-premiums/

Mykonos FC

I wouldn't read too much into the article mate.

WillDel

It really depends on a lot of things:

• Number of high class rookies midfield rookies you have available to you?

• Number of returning or mid priced players you want to gamble on?

• Does the particular premium midfielder you want at 5, have an easy early run (meaning high initial scores)?

• Is your goal an overall ranking or league wins?

• If your aim is league, how will you sit in the league? Can you infer your opponents strategies and respond accordingly?

Why -
If your aim is an overall win then you need to find a balance between early premium scores and having a large number of playing midfield rookies that will make you money. Are you happy to not have the 5th premium midfielder giving you his 120+ in the first 7-8 rounds in favor of making money and upgrading 1 or 2 extra players earlier to premium status?

Depends on your strategy overall and your structures. I think ground missed early in the overall rankings can really hurt you. It was a little different with GWS rookies last year and GC the year before. It meant a 4 Premium strategy was a little easier to justify early as Swallow/Greene/etc were able to pump out regular 100-110 scores at rookie prices. We wont see many more like these players as team reliance has shifted away from the first-second year players.

Hope I made a little sense.

SydneyRox

4 or 5, but you also need to be careful you dont rob other lines to get  5 mid premiums.