Jalapenos 1st Team for 2013

Started by Jalapeno, January 28, 2013, 04:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jalapeno

Hey all im back.... How has everyone being? Well hope is all well and here is my first mock team. Please leave feedback for me :)

TEAM NAME: Jalapenos Boys

DEF: J. Grimes, P. Hanley, B. Gibbs, B. Lake, S. Colquhoun, J. Thurlow (D. Terlich, J. Pittard)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, J. Kennedy, L. Ball, J. Tutt, O. Wines, S. Biggs (T. Curren, J. O'Meara)
RUC: N. Naitanui, T. Goldstein (M. Daw, D. Currie)
FWD: R. Gray, M. LeCras, T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, T. Cloke, S. Kerridge (N. Hayes, B. Dick)

CASH LEFT: $52,700

Mr.Craig

Hi Jalapeno, nice to have you back.

Just to bring you up to date on a few things, Gray is unlikely to play until late April/early May as he continues to recover from his knee injury. Naitanui is aiming for Round 1 but word is he may not play until as late as Round 8. As per usual Grimes has some issues with his body.

Your backline looks okay in general apart from the glaring absence of Goddard. As for the midfield, I have no idea where you plucked Shane Biggs from. I'd never even heard of the guy! Can't imagine he has any hope of playing. Tom Curren's VFL stats are decent and Tutt has some talent but you really need to be looking at the likes of Jack Viney, Jesse Lonegan, Brad Crouch, Nathan Hrovat, Matt Jones and a few others for those spots.

In the forwards, Nick Hayes is very raw. He won't play for a couple of years I'd imagine. I can't see Dick getting games without injuries forcing the Eagles' hand and Kerridge, while a decent player, still appears to be fringe material. Some potential replacements might include Staker, Macaffer and whoever looks likely to get named Round 1 out of Lee, Membrey, Neade, B.Kennedy, Dwyer, Sumner or one of the first rounders if you can stretch your budget that far.

So, there's a few things you can chew on. :) Good luck.

Windigo

Fully agree with Craig on this.

A good first up attempt.

I'd be cautious on Lake, maybe just go with Broughton? No Goddard is a worry... :-\

I reckon Kennedy is more of an SC player, so I'd out him for more of a proven DT option? Mid rookies look a little suspect as well.  :P

Gray & Lecras aren't worth it at their price. Look at Varcoe, Byrnes or Knights for cheaper alternatives maybe?  ???

kilbluff1985

Jukes

No Stanton?

Loving the selection of my two other muskateers, Lake and Cloke, and Tutt, a lad I like for 2013 and will be watching in the NAB cup for indications of a big season.

Andrew

Needs a lot of work for mine. Nic Nat, Gray, and Le Cras all need to be cut, along with Ball out Embley in. One of Goddard or Heppell should be in every defence, and no Leuenberger in the rucks? Huge call. Franklin has too difficult to start to justify starting in the 2-trade-a-week paradigm as well. The money generated from replacing him with someone cheaper should go towards a 5th premo mid...

Jukes

Quote from: Andrew on January 31, 2013, 03:08:15 AM
Needs a lot of work for mine. Nic Nat, Gray, and Le Cras all need to be cut, along with Ball out Embley in. One of Goddard or Heppell should be in every defence, and no Leuenberger in the rucks? Huge call. Franklin has too difficult to start to justify starting in the 2-trade-a-week paradigm as well. The money generated from replacing him with someone cheaper should go towards a 5th premo mid...

Don't be so harsh on LeCras and Ball; even though their price is a bit inflated on what we thought they'd be they're still solid selections who will pick you up some cash.

That being said, I reckon LeCras should be traded to Sylvia, similar prices but Col should average 5-10 more than LeCras, perhaps even more.

Agree with the part about Franklin.