Main Menu

Cars

Started by Tominator, January 27, 2013, 05:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisuzz

bought myself a vr calais the other day :)

NoButYeah

I've had a few. First car was a '99 Hyundai Excel, I ended up crashing that... Then Had a '99 Mitsubishi Magna, very reliable car.  Later gave that to mum when I bought a VS Commodore bt1, my first v8  ;D Later sold that and started driving dad's WH Stato because he didn't need it and just recently put a deposit down on a Holden VU Series 2 SS ute  8)

Tominator

my plan in life with cars is (while I'm young anyway) is to buy once-expensive cars for a really cheap price, so cars like a BMW 7-Series (an 06 model is worth sub-50K) and Mercedes E55 AMGs (pre-06 is worth sub-60K)

Lot of value to be had, plenty of Bang for ya Buck

Capper

I went from a 93 Camry to a 2000 VT commodore.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Tominator on January 29, 2013, 03:17:15 AM
my plan in life with cars is (while I'm young anyway) is to buy once-expensive cars for a really cheap price, so cars like a BMW 7-Series (an 06 model is worth sub-50K) and Mercedes E55 AMGs (pre-06 is worth sub-60K)

I still wouldn't say sub 60k is cheap...

I have a '95 Subaru Impreza that I bought when I was 18, so had it almost 5 years now and still going great :)
And no this isn't the bogan type of Impreza, it's the station wagon one, but still love it :)

Tominator

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 29, 2013, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: Tominator on January 29, 2013, 03:17:15 AM

I still wouldn't say sub 60k is cheap...

I have a '95 Subaru Impreza that I bought when I was 18, so had it almost 5 years now and still going great :)
And no this isn't the bogan type of Impreza, it's the station wagon one, but still love it :)

I'm yet to get my Ps so I don't have much concept of money in context with cars  ::)

CrowsFan

Haha ok then. To put it in to perspective my first car (the subaru) cost me 5k ;)