To start Buddy or Pav??

Started by freddo81, January 22, 2013, 09:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy or Pav to start the season with??

Buddmeister
Pavinator

freddo81

I know, another poll!! You're probly sick of them by now but curious to know fellow supercoach's thoughts on which of these 2 supercoach stars to start the season with?? Buddy has an extremely tough first 2 months and I think Freo will have a really good season, but does that equate to Pav having a big season also??

Thanks in advance for your opinions  8)

hawkers65

Quote from: freddo81 on January 22, 2013, 09:21:09 AM
I know, another poll!! You're probly sick of them by now but curious to know fellow supercoach's thoughts on which of these 2 supercoach stars to start the season with?? Buddy has an extremely tough first 2 months and I think Freo will have a really good season, but does that equate to Pav having a big season also??

Thanks in advance for your opinions  8)

You should probably put a 'neither' option in the poll because like myself, others are saying that neither will be able to hold their average and both should become upgrade targets. Personally i'm looking at Bringing in Buddy come Round 8 and will probably get Pav in as my last upgrade in my Fwds (Depending on what he averages of course)

meow meow

Pav is coming off 3 surgeries and isn't in full training yet.

SydneyRox

I would have also voted neither.

Ringo

I would also possibly vote start neither,

shorty3264

Couldn't say Buddy more, I don't think Pav is worth a starting spot at all. Shocking pre season.

freddo81

Thanks for the info guys. Have been away so have yet to catch up on what's been happening pre-season with many players so was unaware of Pav's poor prep for the season. Am very reluctant to start Buddy due to tough first 2 months so will go with a mid/fwd type I think.

Cheers!

Ricochet

There are much better options out there but of these two I would say Buddy.
Pav is definitely on the radar later in the season

nrich102

Buddy. But Steve Johnson will save you cash.

Adamant

Both will be upgrade targets for me.

Grazz

Quote from: Adamant on January 26, 2013, 04:37:34 PM
Both will be upgrade targets for me.

Pav to underdone with a very limited preseason so realisticly he's an upgrade target if he can make the list of the top six fwd's.
Buddy i feel is the best chance to drop in price as he does have a habit of chucking in those 70 point games so for me he's an upgrade target and wont be starting him. To answer the question id go with Buddy over Pav.

Keeper27

neither.
but by mid-year both players will be in my team.

Colliwobblers

i'll be starting buddy, some players are worth paying for, 140+ in any of the first couple of games will have you 40 points behind the people who do have him each round if he starts with a bang and the hawks are going to be great again this year so no reason why he shouldn't

and if he can stop giving away 19 free kicks per game imagine what he will average.....

still with the new trade rules getting the starting team right is far less important and far easier to fix so risks on cheaper players may be a good strategy also, still i'll start buddy just as sure as i'll start goddard gibbs swan and ablett.

pav meh he is great but not buddy great and i'm still not totally convinced on the dockers, tho they will be better again this season

kilbluff1985