Started by mdub, January 21, 2013, 10:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

Thoughts?

Kellogscrunchynut

mdub

Kellogscrunchynut

I'm not used to doing analysis on people's teams so I'll try my best:

What I instantly notice in this team is the lack of Swan, guessing that you've decided to wait for upgrading and using that cash elsewhere. I wouldn't go with this approach although if you are confident in not picking Swan go with it. Rookie wise I like the choices that you have made.

mdub

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on January 21, 2013, 10:43:36 PM

What I instantly notice in this team is the lack of Swan, guessing that you've decided to wait for upgrading and using that cash elsewhere. I wouldn't go with this approach although if you are confident in not picking Swan go with it. Rookie wise I like the choices that you have made.
yeah as much as i love swan you gotta be silly to pick him at the start as he is going to decrease in price.

nrich102

Ricochet

Quote from: mdub on January 21, 2013, 11:19:30 PM

yeah as much as i love swan you gotta be silly to pick him at the start as he is going to decrease in price.
Not necessarily mdub. Last year we were all saying something similar and he barely dropped in price at all.
You don't really wanna miss out on those 160+ scores early on

The only other thing i can suggest is that there will be rookies around the 100k mark that will score similar to your 130-150k ones. I can see 100-130k saving.

Guys like Prudden and Van Unen could get early games in your backline.
Hutchings and M.Jones in the midfield
and Kerridge and McDonough in the fwd line.

Obviously we won't know until RD 1, but its something to think about.

mdub

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2013, 12:41:44 PM
Quote from: mdub on January 21, 2013, 11:19:30 PM

Not necessarily mdub. Last year we were all saying something similar and he barely dropped in price at all.
You don't really wanna miss out on those 160+ scores early on

The only other thing i can suggest is that there will be rookies around the 100k mark that will score similar to your 130-150k ones. I can see 100-130k saving.

Guys like Prudden and Van Unen could get early games in your backline.
Hutchings and M.Jones in the midfield
and Kerridge and McDonough in the fwd line.

Obviously we won't know until RD 1, but its something to think about.
cheers mate yeah rookies pretty hard to choose from atm im sure in the next coming month ther will be rooks coming out of our ears

mdub

Hes a newer team. After reading up on swan in the prospectus i didnt realise his lowest score last season was 95! So i decided to build my team and mids around swan. Made a couple of changes in mids. Moloney will be a gun this year and is a bargin! Jimmy toumpas was the the best dt scorer in the U18 champs per minute, so its silly not to have him.

So go ahead and give me your thoughts

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Broughton, Goodes, Thurlow (Docherty, Terlich)

MIDS: Swan, Cotchin, Murphy, Martin, Moloney, Wines, Toumpas, O'Meara (Viney, Colquhoun)

RUC: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Grundy, Daw)

FWD: Franklin, Johnson, Zorko, Rockliff, Robinson, Menzel (Staker, McDonough)

Cash Left: $12,700