Main Menu

Mid Premos

Started by melon101, January 29, 2013, 04:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

melon101

We all know that the mids are were most of us are going to spend the most money and will cause other area's to become weaker, currently I have 5 mid premos Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Redden, Murphy. If I got rid of one of those I would probably upgrade a backman or even foward but my question is with quite a few people using a 5 premo mid strategy...

If I downgrade to 4 premos will that send be a step back and leave everyone else ahead

So 4 or 5 premos?

Presto

It all depends on personal preferences:
I used to have 5 premos: Swan, GAJ, Pendle, Mitchell, Mundy, and 5 rookies.
Now I have settled on 4: Swan, GAJ, Danger, Mitchel + Ball and Embley and 4 rookies. A better option? Who knows? I will know in a few months time.

Andrew

2 super-premos, 4 premos, and Embley to start for me...

Jukes

Bloody SwAblett sheep everywhere... ;)

I'm going with 5 premos and an underpriced premo. Cotch, Pendles, Stants, Redden, Murphy and Fyfe. (3 back premos, 1 ruck + Leuey, 5 forward premos + Byrnes)

I reckon there's no perfect structure when it comes to balancing premos between lines. I reckon just figure out which one will likely net you the most points and go with that.

timmyparso

It all depends on the rookies picked for round 1, if there a 5 gun rookies in Mid then it's best to grab them and only play 5 prems or 4+embley and use the extra for a premium FWD. Until we know the rookies its hard to lock the rest of the team down.

(post No. 100!!!!)  :D

gricho20

I agree with Timmy- it really depends on what rooks you're confident with. It's easier to find guns than rooks.

GM

I want a good start so i am going at least 5 premo mids.
If a rookie smashes it in the first 2 weeks i will downgrade my mid with the highest break even to that rook.
With the 2 trades a week its a strategy i will use.
Unless LTIs hit i wont be doing this with my ultra premos.

Andrew

Quote from: greenmoon on January 31, 2013, 02:00:13 AM
I want a good start so i am going at least 5 premo mids.
If a rookie smashes it in the first 2 weeks i will downgrade my mid with the highest break even to that rook.
With the 2 trades a week its a strategy i will use.
Unless LTIs hit i wont be doing this with my ultra premos.

That's also my strategy, seems like a can't lose situation as there's nearly always 1 (usually more) gun cash cow that you miss out on starting with.