Wright, Martin or De Boer

Started by melon101, January 19, 2013, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

me

actually i've got wright ahead of dusty at this stage, although obviously it's hard to split

as much as he may be scorching the track, so is matty wright, who has an infinitely more professional attitude than dusty as well

also, can't see dusty's midfield time increasing that much - they'll be getting foley back on top of lids/cotch/jackson/grigg/tuck/conca all spending significant time in there

contrast this to wright, who is behind fewer people to get into the midfield and his role had already changed substantially last year from what i saw, playing a lot of time on the wing and even in the middle

Toga

All true mate :) that's why I've got both haha

But even if dusty doesn't play in the middle hell be higher up the ground than he was in 2012, probably on a flank or something... But the only people I'd have ahead of him in our mids at this stage would be Cotchin, Deledio, Tuck and Foldy tbh, Grigg, Conca, Newman and Ellis will be more of a wing rather than on the centre square 8)

Football Factory

I thik the stats show that Dusty dropped off in the second half of games due to fitness .. aparently he's killing it on the track at the moment so you would think he will finish off games strongly and raise his average .. cant see his role changing all that much this year but with the addition of Knights im thinking some more midfield time.

owenbond007

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 19, 2013, 02:12:46 PM
I thik the stats show that Dusty dropped off in the second half of games due to fitness .. aparently he's killing it on the track at the moment so you would think he will finish off games strongly and raise his average .. cant see his role changing all that much this year but with the addition of Knights im thinking some more midfield time.

If I remember correctly the reports last season also had Dusty killing it on the track last season too. If He can work on the defensive side of his game and work hard going back not just forward he could be a gem, not sure ill risk it on him this year, kept him all season last expecting him to come good but all i got was a bunch of 70s and 80s and very few tons.

Football Factory

Quote from: owenbond007 on January 19, 2013, 03:35:42 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 19, 2013, 02:12:46 PM

If I remember correctly the reports last season also had Dusty killing it on the track last season too. If He can work on the defensive side of his game and work hard going back not just forward he could be a gem, not sure ill risk it on him this year, kept him all season last expecting him to come good but all i got was a bunch of 70s and 80s and very few tons.
Yeah me too lol , he just fit nicely into my team with the cash i had left.. i prefer him over the lower priced premo's?

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fafl%2Fmore-news%2Frichmond-midfielder-dustin-martin-sets-pace-in-pre-season-training-under-eye-of-mark-williams%2Fstory-e6frf9jf-1226533624386&ei=kA36UJj7FKuUmQXn7oCAAQ&usg=AFQjCNFLBipt7hJSNu1VJCEIsCzZR-oYyg&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dGY&cad=rja   

you saw this article yeah ?

owenbond007

TY, sounds like his on the right track.