Jordan Russell

Started by mudgee, January 26, 2013, 05:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudgee

Anyone taking a punt on Jordan Russell? Early days I know, but I have him pencilled in as my D6. Curious what others think of his SC potential now he's at the Pies

Adamant

D6? That's a very strong backline. :o

I'm not too keen on him, his highest average ever is 86 back in 2010. Even if he replicates that (unlikely) he still won't be anywhere near the top 6-8 defenders. I'll still keep an eye on NAB form, but not really interested at this point.

mudgee

Quote from: Adamant on January 26, 2013, 05:55:26 PM
D6? That's a very strong backline. :o

I'm not too keen on him, his highest average ever is 86 back in 2010. Even if he replicates that (unlikely) he still won't be anywhere near the top 6-8 defenders. I'll still keep an eye on NAB form, but not really interested at this point.
Haha yeah, I went for a 3 prem 5 rookie midfield since this year's crop look like $$$ to me, so was able to get a decent fwd and def structure!!

I'm maybe thinking a rookie in his place that will get 60-70 each week and pocket the $100-150k for upgrades :)

Jroo

I like Russell as well and he's fighting with Bock (if fit) and Pederson for my d4/d5 spot. Russell does have talent and hopefully a change of clubs can bring out the best in him!

Presto

Quote from: JROO8 on January 26, 2013, 11:52:13 PM
I like Russell as well and he's fighting with Bock (if fit) and Pederson for my d4/d5 spot. Russell does have talent and hopefully a change of clubs can bring out the best in him!

Agree, I considered him, but then went for Bock.
Russell's problem is that I can't see him in Collingwood best 22, and his chances of JS are rather poor.

quinny88

Not sure if he is a certainty to even get a game so ill be steering clear. Bock or Pedersen definitely safer options