2013 Player Profiles: Pearce Hanley

Started by Cicjose, September 09, 2012, 10:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

Quote from: Ziplock on January 15, 2013, 06:38:24 PM
yeah, all those star players just waiting for a chance in an over powered lions squad :P

they're still forwards though. natural position

mezzoculo

Quote from: strikes91 on January 15, 2013, 07:16:23 PM
yeah, all those star players just waiting for a chance in an over powered lions squad :P

IIRC, Rocky played forward a fair bit as a junior. As to the lack of attacking options, don't forget the club tempted Stefan Martin northward and drafted a bucketload of young forwards this season.

strikes91

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 15, 2013, 08:23:47 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on January 15, 2013, 07:16:23 PM

IIRC, Rocky played forward a fair bit as a junior. As to the lack of attacking options, don't forget the club tempted Stefan Martin northward and drafted a bucketload of young forwards this season.

and staker, rocky should go no where near the forwards this year.... hopefully

me

Quote from: strikes91 on January 15, 2013, 06:07:48 PM
Quote from: me on January 15, 2013, 03:03:50 PM
strongly considering this rollercoaster player given their luxurious start, can see him playing more time on the wing, probably their most damaging player along with the highly overrated rich

rich isnt overated. he just sucks at being tagged. when he's loose bang, browny on the chest from 70

everytime i see the lions play (which admittedly isn't that much given that all their matches are pretty ugly to watch) rich does absolutely jack shower. same with stephen hill -- sure they may have talent and get talked up... but they never deliver on it

Ziplock

I saw freo vs brisbane replay when I was on holidays... it was such an ugly match :/

Ricochet

Quote from: me on January 20, 2013, 09:19:31 PM
strongly considering this rollercoaster player given their luxurious start, can see him playing more time on the wing, probably their most damaging player along with the highly overrated rich

rich isnt overated. he just sucks at being tagged. when he's loose bang, browny on the chest from 70

everytime i see the lions play (which admittedly isn't that much given that all their matches are pretty ugly to watch) rich does absolutely jack shower. same with stephen hill -- sure they may have talent and get talked up... but they never deliver on it
If they never deliver they wouldn't be getting games. Their possessions are so valuable that they don't have to rack up 20+ possies.

nrich102

Quote from: Ziplock on January 20, 2013, 09:56:04 PM
I saw freo vs brisbane replay when I was on holidays... it was such an ugly match :/
Oh yeah, that game was shower.

me

Quote from: Ricochet on January 21, 2013, 12:05:34 AM

If they never deliver they wouldn't be getting games. Their possessions are so valuable that they don't have to rack up 20+ possies.

but that's my whole point, they seem to be getting games while almost never delivering or at least certainly not delivering on a consistent basis/when required. obviously when i said they never deliver, that was just a hyperbole, but my point stands that they're overrated flogs in my opinion.

Ricochet

Quote from: me on January 21, 2013, 02:25:53 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 21, 2013, 12:05:34 AM

but that's my whole point, they seem to be getting games while almost never delivering or at least certainly not delivering on a consistent basis/when required. obviously when i said they never deliver, that was just a hyperbole, but my point stands that they're overrated flogs in my opinion.
Yeh but what i was trying to say was that they obviously have roles within the team and they are performing well at these roles. Otherwise they would be dropped.