Main Menu

Amazing Card Tricks

Started by Windigo, January 08, 2013, 04:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I'm a bit of a card trick enthusiast, I just love the reactions on people's faces when a trick is successful. I used to do a lot of them at school.  :P I think I know about 8 or so off by heart.

Anyway, this is probably the easiest and most amazing trick that can be done. It's a very popular trick, some of you may have seen or done.

My Own Tutorial:

- This card trick is possibly the easiest and the most amazing card trick on the planet. As well the oldest. Today, I'll be using 21 cards from a regular pack cards.

^, won't load the other half. Don't matter.  ::)

Count off 21 cards from the deck and line them up in 3 rows with 7 cards in each line. As seen above. Then ask a "victim" to memorize a card from the table and then ask them to point to which pile the selected card is in.

For example, if the card chosen is the 6 of hearts, The spectator will then point to the middle pile. Once the spectator has pointed to the pile where his card is, square up the three piles as shown below.

So after doing this we want to make sure that the middle pile goes in the middle of the two outside piles. So pile one goes on top, pile two (with spectator's" chosen card) in the middle and pile 3 on the bottom. After doing that flip the pack so the face cards are showing and deal out the 21 cards again.Dealing from left to right into 3 piles like at the start of the trick. Ask the spectator to point to which pile his card is in. If it's on the far left pile mare sure that pile goes in the middle of the other two. So it's "sandwiched" between the other two!  8)

Deal out one more time as before and ask which pile it's in again, repeat the step of squaring the pack and ensuring the pile that the spectator's card is the pack in the middle!! Very important.

After 3 deals of the cards it's time to reveal the chosen card. I have my own special ending to this trick which is AMAZING. But I'll show you the "beginners ending."  :P

With the deck facing up (face cards not showing) say to the spectator that you will deal off cards one by one until you "feel" the chosen card.

Begin to place each card one by one onto the table face down. What you are really doing is counting the cards in your head. Keep counting until you reach the ELEVENTH card, this will be their selected card. Pause at this card and do some 'acting or magic mumbo jumbo' or whatever you like and reveal the card, to their astonishment it will always be their selected card if done correctly!

I do have a really good ending to this, but try it this way for a start.  ;)

T Dog

An oldie but a goodie there Windigo.

Reminded me of an old mind reading trick I used to do...especially for a pre secondary school agegroup..

Think of a number
Double it
Add 10
Half it
Take away the number you 1st thought of.
(now do your mind reading , temple rubbing, look into their eyes, close your eyes, rub your chin..)
and the answer is .....5...ta da.
:o :o
The trick is inthe 3rd question. Ask them to add any even number and the answer will always be half of it.
Can be started with any number they like as long as they can do the math.
8) 8)

Master Q

Quote from: T Dog on January 08, 2013, 05:07:35 PM

Reminded me of an old mind reading trick I used to do...especially for a pre secondary school agegroup..

Think of a number
Double it
Add 10
Half it
(now do your mind reading , temple rubbing, look into their eyes, close your eyes, rub your chin..)
The trick is inthe 3rd question. Ask them to add any even number and the answer will always be half of it.
8) 8)
I do that one except the trick is not the "Half It" - It's the take away you're original number  :P

Essentially all it is - (x + y - z) - x = y - z

pyronerd

Quote from: Master Q on January 08, 2013, 06:36:27 PM

Think of a number
Double it
Add 10
Half it
8) 8)
I do that one except the trick is not the "Half It" - It's the take away you're original number  :P

basically it's (2x + 10)/2 - x = 5

rearranging gives 2x + 10 = 2x + 10, hence x can be any value for it to work :P

nostradamus

Quote from: pyronerd on January 09, 2013, 11:52:54 AM
Quote from: Master Q on January 08, 2013, 06:36:27 PM

Think of a number
Double it
Add 10
Half it
8) 8)

basically it's (2x + 10)/2 - x = 5

rearranging gives 2x + 10 = 2x + 10, hence x can be any value for it to work :P

really the answer is just half of whatever number you chose to add

T Dog

Yep...its that simple. the trick is in the flair of how you present the trick.. ;D ;D

henry

I do a very basic one where you ask someone to pick a card, and you will make it come to the top of the deck. You just use the process of elimination, as you know what the top card is. If for example it is the 6 of hearts, you say pick two suits, making sure hearts is one of them. If they pick diamonds and clubs, you say "that leaves hearts and spades, pick 1 of them" and so on until you have that card.

Windigo

I do something 'like' that, it's called "Jack The Bounty Hunter."

Involved half the deck and is very simple, but not very impressive after a few repeats of the trick.  :P