2013 Supercoach Player Profile: Shane Mumford

Started by quinny88, October 04, 2012, 03:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac07

Seriously condsidering as a point of difference from nic Nat.

shorty3264

he is a bargain at that price I reckon. only got going in the latter stages of the year, will start fresh next year and be back to his 2011 best!

Arwib

Mumford's injury last year was mostly related to an infection from cortisone injections into his back. Not likely to reoccur.

Suspensions and sharing ruck duties with Pyke or Tippett (more than in the past) are likely to be the major threats to his output.

RiOtChEsS

theta

After Pyke said Mummy's "knee was crumbling" earlier this year, we then saw significant weight loss, inconsistency, back problems, and very few examples of the 'mummy roving' that had made him so good in 2011.  It all points to Sydney managing him carefully for the remainder of his career, and possibly saving him for finals/important games.  Add to this Pyke's increased influence and Im staying away.

ando_10

BB67th

I don't think he is too much of an injury prone player, but Pyke has shown he is more than capable of a player so they might lean towards him more if they want to handle Mummy carefully. He might be used like how Geelong always used Ottens, with him having a different program near the start of the year and then coming good by finals time. I got burnt by him last year, and I think there are better options than him out there, but he good be a good POD by the end of the season.

SydneyRox

When Tippett finishes his suspension, Pyke is going to find it hard to hold his spot in the team.

Mummy was very unlucky last year with injury, mainly the needle issue, but he also tweaked the hammy in the GF warmup and played on one leg for most of it.

His durability might need assessing.

Capper

SydneyRox

tbagrocks

Mummy missed a lot of footy so based on his ability is a gun. Tippett, well this giant peice of froggin past time

Kurt is actually a nice selection, is he an R/F, don't think so but wtf not? Kurt takes contested markes and shouldm ave over 100 from those 10 games he should play

I'm hoping Mummy gets it right and I can select Mummy in my Ruck combo

Keeper27

if fit he'll be the beast we all know from '11, 110+