I think we overthink our teams way too much.

Started by KoopKicka, March 29, 2013, 06:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Logged into both SC and DT this morning.
My DT, which Ive been planning and deliberating over all summer, its currently sitting on 622/7
My SC however, which Ive barely looked at over summer is 717/7.

Next year Im so not planning my DT!

Billz

I have to agree, i did better in supercoach last yr as opposed to dreamteam which had 99% of my attention.
However your current scores dont indicate much, pretty sure Supercoach is the higher scoring of the two in general.

fidou

Yep went better in supercoach last year and have a better start again in supercoach. But it may be due to the fact I'm a bit more ballsy in supercaoch and take the risks I dont in DT.

Ricochet

Haha maybe i should have.
Had Kruez instead of Cox at the start with Barlow in the middle

essendon2

hmmm I don't exactly agree. hahaha I have definitely spent over 200 hours on my DT and I love it. All my hard work hopefully pays off and I know if I ever win, I worked hard for it!

Not starting DMart, Robbo, Lids or Maric has made me happy so far too ::)

Dudge

This may get me in trouble, but 3 years ago i made a second team in S/C (origanally for my lad, but 17 y/o's get bored easily ) and took heaps of risks ( not my  team, so did'nt really care at that stage, just trying to get him involved ) That team came low 100's overall and my main team came 1500 hundred'ish. Ps i really did make it for my lad to get him into ff, and now at 20 he enjoys it. ( in them days -- girlfreind--licence--first job--sherrins dropping )Point being, maybe gut feeling over hours of studying sometimes is the way to go.

Justin Bieber

Yep SC havent put much effort andits similar to DT bar Robbo ironically and a few others haha and have started 750/7 . In DT most my effort nd on 483/6 lol. Thats what happens when you pick Robinson ::)

Yoshi

Have to agree that looking at DT for so long its easy to get sucked into all the hype on several players. My only bad choice so far is Robo but he can always be sidewards traded to Wright after next week if needed.

I've probably spent less than 20 hrs on SC but my team sits 566/5. Very happy with start ;D.

In the end people say don't get him he's no good. You must have this player. I say go with your 1st instinct & just choose the player you want. I'm sure the winner every year never follows the sheep.

Andrew

Without researching and thinking about it, you miss those smokie picks though. I don't think people over-think their dream teams on here, maybe just get locked into the one way of thinking when the AFL changes so quickly year-to-year, it's tending to be that way in DT also...

Dudge

Quote from: Andrew on March 29, 2013, 09:56:52 PM
Without researching and thinking about it, you miss those smokie picks though. I don't think people over-think their dream teams on here, maybe just get locked into the one way of thinking when the AFL changes so quickly year-to-year, it's tending to be that way in DT also...

I agree to a certain point Andrew, but i think people get sucked into Lucas type picks ( and others ) where as you may have never picked him normally. Well you may of, but rookie d/ters may have gone elsewhere. In saying that Lucas may very well be a great pick / master stroke, just picked one out of my head haha