2013 Player Profile: SCRADS' SMOKIE REVEALED !!!!!

Started by Scrads, September 16, 2012, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shihan7

Nice write up Scrads.
His DPP could be handy with a Bock/Lake/Staker...

azza707

As a huge crows fan i can provide some insight.

This kid does have a ridiculous kick on him, actually according to champion data in 2011 from the games he did play he was a better kick than suckling, coming in 2nd to shannon hurn. he certainly does have the potential, its just his defensive side if the game that killls it for him. His work rate is average at times, and you can often see him floating around at the bottom of the screen in lala land. Not the best of tacklers but okay overheard for his size.

The good thing is that this bloke is only 23 and definitely has what it takes, he just needs a rocket up the arse or something. Is a bit of a clown and likes to fool around but if he puts his head down he could certainly make it. Only problem is i also think luke brown may be ahead of him just. Brown was talked up to debut last year and a last minute injury didnt let that happen.

Also, laugh at us crows fan if you will, but there is some talk going around the adelaide faithful that Tamlbing is a chance to line up come round 1 :P (god help us). But nahh apparently Sando chucked in the Sanfl, took him away from the afl spot light. let him have a year off to settle down, reset and get his confidence back. won the Sturt B&F for 2012 and has been training very strongly.

So basically there is Tambling, Brown and Jaensch all competing for the same spot, not to mention that Brodie Martin could possibly play there. But we will definitely opt for a player with some pace and the guys ive mentioned here all have that. So yeah, one to watch over the pre season. if he gets his act together and there are reports of him training strongly and is named rnd 1, then why not take the punt :P just have to monitor closely.

On another note, Ben Jacobs anyone? New team, will probably slot straight into the 22 i think?? not too familiar with NM. priced very similarly to jaensch in DEF and we know he can find the footy...thoughts?

Nails

You realise smokeys are meant to be a chance to be decent Scrads? :o

I might as well draft Sam Blease and Jaensch and name my team "This team is a joke"

Ziplock

Quote from: Nails on December 30, 2012, 04:11:59 AM
You realise smokeys are meant to be a chance to be decent Scrads? :o

I might as well draft Sam Blease and Jaensch and name my team "This team is a joke"

...  I dont get it...

your euros team doesn't have jaensch... ?

The_Captain

LOL smokey for the sanfl comp???? Cos thats where he will be playing!

Ziplock

Quote from: noto07 on December 30, 2012, 07:53:43 PM
LOL smokey for the sanfl comp???? Cos thats where he will be playing!

haha, I loled.

The_Captain

tbagrocks

Ziplock

yeah, funny for the rest of the competition.

14th--->3rd---> 14th is the trend I'm seeing if this bloke's playing 22 :P

Andrew

Quote from: azza707 on December 29, 2012, 02:04:43 PM
This kid does have a ridiculous kick on him, actually according to champion data in 2011 from the games he did play he was a better kick than suckling, coming in 2nd to shannon hurn.

Shazza Hurn just doesn't miss a target. No wonder Waters sluts it up when every team is trying to prevent Hurn putting ball-to-foot.

Back on topic, Jaensch isn't a bad smokie. I had him in his debut season, and he showed some scoring potential then. He's a possibility to have a breakout year and average 80-85 maybe, but at $316k, that's too expensive a risk when he needs to get in the team first.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ziplock on January 02, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

ahahahah +1

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ziplock on January 02, 2013, 04:30:53 PM

He's not that bad of a player lol