Zaharakis vs ziebell

Started by starz, January 04, 2013, 11:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

I think these two both are possible to step up to super premium pushing elite this year but not sure. I think if ziebell improved his fitness then he would be a massive chance to go to the next level but saw some stats on his tog and didn't look that good. Spends too much time on the bench. If Scott comes out and says he is now improved his endurance and will be Rested up forward instead of going to the bench than he would be an absolute lock. However that doesn't seem likely and might not be exactly necessary. For some reason somethings telling me that he's going to breakout this year.

Zaha on the other hand has plenty of scoring potential and will be very unique due to his loss of fwd status but this may be his year that he goes to the next level. With the bombers on the improve which I see similar to say a Adelaide from last year I think he could really step up. My only issue is that I'm not sure he will be used purely as a mid and also has he got star quality about him like say a pendlebury or cotchin does.

At the moment I have zaha, but could easily change. Anyway thoughts.

tbagrocks

Zaha should get free rain, surely Gods, Hep, Stants and the great Watson would get attention first?

could average 95-100, no higher i'd say

Ziebell is a different comodity, can get big numbers as he has, but he would need a 20 point rise! Sooner or later he will step up into premo territory, 2013? 105 ave for Jack?

I'd pick JZ purely because he's cheaper and more of a chance of becoming a keeper

theta

What was wrong with Zaha rnds 11-20 last year?  Was it the knee problems we were warned about at the beginning of 2012?

AFEV

Quote from: theta on January 05, 2013, 12:04:09 AM
What was wrong with Zaha rnds 11-20 last year?  Was it the knee problems we were warned about at the beginning of 2012?
That was due to his quad I believe.

JBs-Hawks

Yea done his quad trying to drop bombs from outside 50

shorty3264

I've got Ziebell in my side atm, had Zaha as an absolute lock before he lost if M/F status, therefore it was a bit of a coin toss. I think Ziebell has a higher cieling and ability to be a premium, hence why i picked him. On the other hand Zaharakis is a proven performer, dont let his 88 average fool you, was flying before he got injured.

kilbluff1985

yeah if Zaha does well in the NAB might fit him in

CrowsFan

Before Zaha injured his quad in training he had played 10 games with 8 scores above 95 and 5 above 110, it was a score of 50 that dragged down his average to just 99.1. When he came back he was extremely unfit and so that has dragged his average down to 88, so for what he is capable of he is extremely underpriced.

Honestly though even though I reckon Zaha will average over 100 this season I wouldn't be picking either. For around the same price you could take Mundy who averaged 107 in 2011 and averaged 114 from his last 8 games of the season including the 2 finals. Think you would be crazy not to want him :)

Adamant

Yeah, neither for me too. Mundy is a much better option at his price - He could push a 115+ average with a full pre-season.

Zaha was a lock for me before becoming a pure mid though.

quinny88

Neither of them worthy of a mid spot