2013 Player Profile: Andrew Krakouer

Started by Football Factory, December 30, 2012, 05:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Andrew Krakouer - Collingwood   ( requested by Insider out )

POSITION: Forward

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013: $243,200 (20% discount)

HEIGHT: 176cm       WEIGHT: 78kg

2011 GAMES: 20      AVERAGE: 75

2012 GAMES: 1       AVERAGE: 59

HISTORY:

Richmond

He was drafted with the 41st selection in the 2000 AFL Draft by Richmond, who had received the draft pick by trading Ben Harrison to the Western Bulldogs.

He, along with his brother Tyrone, was charged with assault causing grievous bodily harm on 24 December 2006 after an incident in Fremantle, Western Australia on 22 December 2006.

Krakouer was delisted by the Tigers on 22 October 2007.

Prison and WAFL football

He returned to Western Australia and played in the WAFL for Swan Districts.

He was found guilty in June 2008 of assault with intent to cause bodily harm, an offence that carries a maximum penalty of 20 years' jail. He was sentenced to four years' jail with a minimum non-parole period of 16 months. The sentence was later reduced from 48 to 32 months' jail time.

Krakouer played for the Wooroloo Prison team, which participated in the Mercantile Football Association. Krakouer was released from prison on parole in August 2009, and signed on to play the 2010 football season for Swan Districts in the WAFL. He performed very well for the Swans, winning the 2010 Sandover Medal as the fairest and best player in the WAFL. He won the Simpson Medal as the best on ground in the Swans' one-point win against Claremont in the WAFL Grand Final, after amassing 42 disposals and kicking four goals, including the game-winning goal in the 33rd minute of the final quarter. A special analysis of the game showed that Krakouer would have polled 290 Champion Data ranking points (Supercoach points) in the game, more than any player has polled in an AFL game since the statistical technique was implemented in 2004

AFL return

On 7 October 2010, Collingwood signed Krakouer. The newly established Gold Coast Suns agreed to pre-list him as one of its ten uncontracted players, and then immediately trade him (along with John Ceglar, and a draft pick from each of the fourth, fifth and sixth rounds) to Collingwood in exchange for its first round selection in the 2010 AFL Draft (pick number 25 overall). Krakouer was unable to join his new teammates on the club's pre-season training camp in Arizona, as his prior conviction meant he was denied entry to the United States.

Krakouer kicked 35 goals in 23 games in his first season with Collingwood, including three goals in the 2011 Grand Final loss to Geelong. He won the 2011 AFL Mark of the Year, receiving the Alex Jesaulenko Medal and a $10,000 cash prize from Hungry Jack's, for his specky in Round 9.

Krakouer ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament in a pre-season practice match in February 2012, and is expected to return to AFL later in the 2012 season.

In 2012 Krakouer changed his guernsey number to the number three after John McCarthy was delisted. His father, Jim wore this number for most of his career. However, during his rehabilitation from his knee injury he decided to revert back to the number 7 he wore successfully in 2011.

VERDICT:  Andrew Krakouer returned from a knee reconstruction late last season and has had a strong pre-season, and was able to join teammates in Utah. He seems to be travelling ok after the knee reco so i dont see why he cant replicate season 2011. This guy can seriously play!  kicked some of the craziest goals in 2011, love watching this guy play.

PREDICTION: I think he can average what he did in 2011 (75) He plays forward mainly so its not easy to rack up the points in a star studded team like Collingwood. At the price of 243k there is some money to be made aslong as he gets regular games and the knee holds up. If you think he can score more than Knights then go for it i personally dont think he can.

ronl

He's a fantastic player to watch, if only for the sheer joy of seeing what he's capable of.  The problem is that he just doesn't do enough of it. If it is between him and Knights, I would opt for Knights but this year I will be having neither.

kilbluff1985

nice write up m8

if he looks in really good form in the NAB he maybe be tempting but not been in any of my teams yet

Football Factory

Quote from: ronl on December 30, 2012, 07:49:30 PM
He's a fantastic player to watch, if only for the sheer joy of seeing what he's capable of.  The problem is that he just doesn't do enough of it. If it is between him and Knights, I would opt for Knights but this year I will be having neither.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 30, 2012, 07:56:31 PM
nice write up m8

if he looks in really good form in the NAB he maybe be tempting but not been in any of my teams yet
Yeah he would have to do something special from now till the start of the season for me to consider him in my team.

Jukes

Not considering purely based on the fact he single-handedly cost my wafl team a premiership in 2010, heartbreaking.

That and I'm started with 6 premiums up forward this season.

Football Factory

Quote from: Jukes on December 30, 2012, 11:54:57 PM
Not considering purely based on the fact he single-handedly cost my wafl team a premiership in 2010, heartbreaking.

That and I'm started with 6 premiums up forward this season
Thats a good reason(s)   :-X

The_Captain

Absolute seagull. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole...

Jukes

Quote from: noto07 on January 04, 2013, 01:40:36 AM
Absolute seagull. Wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole...

Is this a joke? He is extremely damaging when he gets the ball. In the WAFL he pretty much single handedly won Swan Districts the premiership. His clearance stats were phenomenal.

Adamant

Good player, but I won't be going with any mid-priced forwards at this stage... but if I do, I would go Knights instead.