This or That? - Brendon Goddard vs. Jack Grimes

Started by Toga, December 21, 2012, 03:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Got to have at least Gibbs & Godd. Grimes is right up there, I prefer him over Birch, Suck, Heppell etc.

So I've locked in all 3.  :P

4th defender is a battle between Duff, Broughton & Heppell.

Don't go near Heartbreaker Hartlett.

Adamant

Great write up Toga.

I've locked Goddard and Gibbs in, but im not too sure on Grimes. He'll be a top 4 defender for sure, but it's a lot to pay for someone so injury prone. He's in my team though, got Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes and the 4th is between Duffman and Broughts.

Windigo

Grimes played almost all of last year I think.

I'll take that as a good reason to pick him this year.  :P

azza707

yehh there are so many players that spend their early years struggling with injures and then manage to over come them after a few season. Hodge and Pavlich could barely take the field as youngsters due to injuries and look at them now (barring Hodge, yes i know hes had a horror run). Cotchin and Grimes managed to overcome their injuries last year pretty much and put together a solid season. Think Hartlett could maybe do the same if he doesnt have any hiccups this pre season and will make him interesting. Therefore i think Grimes is a safer pick than usual and with 30 trades i wouldnt be too worried about picking him.

GM

A fit Jack Grimes is a DT gun,he racks up points across half back at will and  seems to be their go to man.At his age he can only get better.A lock from rd 1 for me.Mind you so is BJ.

tbagrocks

For me Grimes staying fit makes him a lock, seriously not starting Gods, very ricky as he could explode early, but the cash needs to be spent in the mids securing Pendles and gaz

blackrose

Can't choose between Grimes and Broughton... who you reckon?

Barra17

Quote from: Windigo on December 21, 2012, 08:04:58 PM
Got to have at least Gibbs & Godd. Grimes is right up there, I prefer him over Birch, Suck, Heppell etc.

I got goddard, grimes, gibbs, duffield and broughton. I think all are must haves in a team. All show that they can go huge and have based my team from that.

Holz

Quote from: blackrose on December 21, 2012, 09:07:14 PM

Grimes the risk is injuries fit and he should go 100+

Brought on the risk is his role.

I always prefer to take an injury risk over a role. Because if tribes gets injured you trade him out. Brought on gets a bad role you hold him to see if he turns it around if he doesn't you lose lots of points and cash when you do trade him out. Or you get stuck with him.

Saying that either he or hatlett will be my d4.

Gibbs Goddard Grimes locked though

GM

Quote from: blackrose on December 21, 2012, 09:07:14 PM
I view Grimes as a top 3 def.Broughton has potential to be top 6 along with a host of others.Watching the nab to see where Broughts fits in will be on everyones radar.This year with only 6 spots and a few new(ex mid only) defenders,spots will be
very competitive.

Windigo

Quote from: Barra on December 21, 2012, 09:17:12 PM
Quote from: Windigo on December 21, 2012, 08:04:58 PM

I got goddard, grimes, gibbs, duffield and broughton. I think all are must haves in a team. All show that they can go huge and have based my team from that.

5 Premium defenders?  ???

Kellogscrunchynut

At this stage locked in Goddard, Grimes, Gibbs and Broughton.

Chelskiman

Thanks for the thread, mate!  I did expect Goddard to "win" this thread, but the team I have at the moment I can't really fit Goddard in from the start (crazy, I know!) so I really just wanted to see how much of a difference there would be between the two.  General consensus says they will both easily be top four, with the chance for either to be the top defender.  I have a fairly stacked midfield (Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendlebury and Murphy) which is why I'm a little short on cash to get BJ in.  Obviously he'll be one of my very first upgrade targets, but reading this thread has made me feel a little better about not (currently) starting with him