What is the best strategy this year?

Started by PizzleDizzle, February 01, 2013, 08:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PizzleDizzle

The last couple of seasons with the new teams coming into the game there was lots of opportunity to buy low and sell at a decent profit!
Not sure about this year.....Is there enough rookies out there ready to play in round one to buy low and conserve cash? or should we be looking at getting a lot more of the decent players who have been injured early last season who are going at lower prices and seemingly will have decent price rises?
Only my 3rd season at it seems the same rules i have followed won't apply this year!!

What are you guys and girls doing for this years start of season strategy?

shaker

Same as me my third season as well and we have been lucky to have all those young rookies in the last 2 seasons , but I think it is much the same maybe some more mid priced players at the cost of a couple of guns and who knows what nab cup gems might show up , but I hope they will be forward gems .

kilbluff1985

SydneyRox

guns and rookies, buy low and sell high as you put it will still be the best steategy. if you happen to pick a mid price player  who goes off then all the better

Jay

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 02, 2013, 01:13:35 AM
guns and rookies, buy low and sell high as you put it will still be the best steategy. if you happen to pick a mid price player  who goes off then all the better
Yep this is my tactic

Think a couple of smokies are needed if you're going to push for overall

NO SECOND PRIZES

One things for sure... if you want to be in the hunt for the overall win you will need to trade hard in the first half of the year.  Plus with the extra trades you would be crazy not to take a few risk and cross your fingers as at worste the extra trade can sort out the mistakes ;)

SydneyRox

it will be about some early trading no doubt. you need to keep increasing the overall team cost, so if you  can be in a position to uee some trades, not compromise your scoring and make 50k, it is where the game will be won