2012 Games: 19

2012 Ave: 87.3

Centuries: 7

Highs: 110 vs North Melbourne, 108 vs Geelong, 105 vs Melbourne

Lows: 35 vs Collingwood, 52 vs West Coast, 62 vs Hawthorn

FanPlanner Price: $463,700

Position: Midfield

Thoughts
Wallis was recruited to the Dogs in 2011 with huge wraps on him after a stellar U18 championship being touted as an elite ball winner, he played 3 games and averaged 27.7 touches, 5.7 marks and 6 tackles. While dominating in the TAC Cup for the Calder Cannons averaging 31.3 touches (35% contested) and 6.9 tackles from seven matches, he was also best on ground in the TAC Cup Grand Final starring with 47 touches. After being a father-son selection at pick 22, he was rated in the top five youngsters in the draft. Although he only played six games in his debut year, averaging 12 touches and 54 SC points. In 2012 Wallis had great year and stepped up his game, playing 19 matches and averaged 22.3 touches and 87.3 SC points. He has great ball winning ability and is a strong tackler, he boosted his SC average by 33 points this year and started the year in great style, if you take out round 6 in which he started as sub, he averaged 96.6 in the first 12 rounds, but seemingly tired in the second half of the year averaging just 85.1 for the remainder of the season. He topped the ton 7 times but without any huge games, 110 being his highest score, he also had 4 scores in the 90’s. He received a rising star nomination in round 4 and of all rising star nominees in 2012 Wallis ranked in the top 5 for handballs, contested possession, effective disposals, tackles, clearances and total disposals.

Verdict
With another pre season under his belt, I think Wallis could defiantly again boost his average significantly. With the support in the midfield of Boyd, Griffen and now Koby Stevens and possibly Brent Prismall he will have a free run through the middle. He is at an awkward price but is a very talented player who is suited to Supercoach. Watch his pre season if you want to take a gamble on a mid-priced midfielder given the new rule change of picking 8 midfielders.

Prediction

Nige

Cheers for this shorty, I needed a detailed opinion. Good write-up too. I'll tune in to the NAB Cup and if he's showing good signs I might take the gamble, otherwise I may just go the safer option in Priddis.

shorty3264

Quote from: NigeyS on December 04, 2012, 02:52:20 PM
Cheers for this shorty, I needed a detailed opinion. Good write-up too. I'll tune in to the NAB Cup and if he's showing good signs I might take the gamble, otherwise I may just go the safer option in Priddis.
Anytime :) thanks, yeh, a lot will depend on the doggies form to I think, in terms of how quick his improvement is. 120K difference between the two, Priddis is a unique proven performer.

ossie85

Probably needs another year... Picking players at this price, you want them to break out to the 110 average at least... Not sure he's quite there yet

quinny88

Great young player, will be a future Captain of the dogs I would think. Not quite there in terms of SC just yet though

dmac07

Quote from: ossie85 on December 05, 2012, 02:26:34 PM

Probably needs another year... Picking players at this price, you want them to break out to the 110 average at least... Not sure he's quite there yet
+1

agree he should lift his scoring by 10 points or so per game, but 98-100 isnt enough for a keeper in the mids, and not cheap enough to make real cash. Needs one more year development I think before he really starts to push into the better midfielders going around.

Adamant

This kid will be a gun, but I wont be picking any breakout players in the mids, just too risky.

Nice write up though shorty. 8)

dtownsend

This guy will kill it this year. especially with Libba out for the first half of season or whatever he was suspended for. also he will be getting more mid time as the bulldogs are looking to give their youngsters more of a go this year. i expect atleast 100 average. Him and gaff are going to be big premo's this year imo

quinny88

Quote from: dtownsend on December 09, 2012, 06:34:02 PM
This guy will kill it this year. especially with Libba out for the first half of season or whatever he was suspended for. also he will be getting more mid time as the bulldogs are looking to give their youngsters more of a go this year. i expect atleast 100 average. Him and gaff are going to be big premo's this year imo

Huh? Libba's suspended for the first half of the season??  :o

Ziplock

didnt the club suspend him for yonks after that drug incident?

CrowsFan

I thought it was just until the end of season. He has been training with the club during pre season

Kellogscrunchynut

Will be a good player but is in the experience bracket that I would not normally pick from in a few years could become a premium option.

With Libba I think he is suspended for the first 6 matches of the next season for passing out infront of Tramp.

quinny88

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 09, 2012, 07:53:22 PM
Will be a good player but is in the experience bracket that I would not normally pick from in a few years could become a premium option.

With Libba I think he is suspended for the first 6 matches of the next season for passing out infront of Tramp.

I actually thought it was only until the end of the season but i could be wrong.

haha was it at Tramp? trust  :P

The_Captain

Will be waiting another year until he goes premo!

SydneyRox

I cant see him scoring high enough to be a keeper and his price is a deterrent to making money or using him as a step player.