2012 Games: 22

2012 Ave: 121

Centuries: 18

Highs: 154 vs North Melbourne, 149 vs Sydney, 149 vs West Coast

Lows: 73 vs Richmond

FanPlanner Price: $642,700

Position: Midfield

Thoughts
What a season from the Brownlow medallist. Elite numbers across the board, played every game, averaged 29 disposals, 49.5% of them contested, 4.8 tackles, also kicked 20 goals and 121 SC points. A sensational year from the Essendon captain, scored the second most points in the competition, nine scores of 130+ and dropped under 100 just four times, two being in the ninety’s. A close to perfect Supercoach season, super reliable and churned out huge scores consistently. Expect more of the same next season, I expect the bombers to improve and make the eight in 2013, Watson will again lead them from the front with another superb season.

Verdict
Will winning the Brownlow increase his popularity? Historically he has been a fairly unique pick. He is a superstar of the competition now, a contested ball monster who now hits the scoreboard, also very durable. You can select him with supreme confidence, and a great captain choice.

Prediction

quinny88

Bit expensive for me. Will be a unique and should score well again though

Nige

Might look to upgrade to him later on as I think I'm set on GAJ/Pendles/Cotch/Murphy/Priddis.

The_Captain

Too expensive and cant see him improving that average really.

kilbluff1985

upgrade target for me started with him last year but was like 70k cheaper

nrich102

Bones Bombers

I have taken Swan out and put Jobe in. Saved some cash and gained a POD.
No surprise that I love him anyway and think he has shown he isn't worried by a tag. Can also go forward and kick goals. Having Godd there is surely going to help.

shorty3264

Exactly right mate, plenty will go for swan, pendles, ablett, cotchin, murphy, beams, dangerfield etc, a player like Watson will be a good POD.

Adamant

Jobe has always been an upgrade target for me. Like Jelwood, very consistent and wont let you down.