Toumpas and Whitfield

Started by slipknot_4, February 21, 2013, 12:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slipknot_4

currently debating whether to have either Toumpas or Whitfield over L.Ball pocketing 100K and not losing points IMO
midfield looks like this
Ablett  Pendlebury  JPK Cotchin Embley ____ Crouch Omeara Wines Viney

Thoughts??

Hagebear

I think I saw somewhere that Toumpas and Viney are like to to only play about half the games this year. Haven't heard to much about Whitfield this year. U would think he'll get plenty of game time with the odd rest every 5 or 6 games like everyone else last year. Jesse Lonergan and Kane Mitchell are also good rookie options who should get plenty if game time this year.

tbagrocks

Jimmy is a match winner, i'm a little worried about his SC impact as he's more an outside mid but a great kick

I'm sure they'll play as much as most kid mids, Whitefield a risk at the price surely?

meow meow

Whitfield will play no more than 10 games. His body won't be able to stand up to AFL contests. GWS have a million midfielders.

Toumpas has played against men in the SANFL. Melbourne lack quality mids and will be keen to get games into him, but won't want to run him into the ground. 12-15 games seems realistic.

quinny88

Wouldn't be getting either. They are both just expensive kids and there will be 10 other kids that score just as well for a fraction of the price. Only expensive rook I will be forking out for is ollie wines

tor01doc

GM

neither at this stage,too many good cheaper options imo.

quinny88

Quote from: tor01doc on February 21, 2013, 01:32:48 AM
Vlastuin?  :-\

If he dominates nab. Don't think he has a position in the round 1 team at this stage though

tor01doc